need opnion on boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well here is my question i have access to blower off of a f150 lightning truck for very cheep or no money at all.

fab work wont be an issue i have a mill lathe tig and lots of alluminum at work.

my main question is this is a 112CI (m112) blower my plan is to run 4-5psi and a fmu what does every one think about this

is it to big
do you tink that my b20 will be ok if i make around 300 on stock internals.

if its not runing lean and i pull timing out of it with a msd boost timing retard will i be able to run more boost like 8 psi aim for like 400hp on stock ecu

i allready have all an fuellines wallbro 255 and a large 1000hp capable aem regulator so i think the fuel system could handle the fuel pressure

what do you all think

I wouldn't put anything on a motor that wasn't intended for that setup. i.e. not putting ford stuff on a honda engine. If it's free, i would sell it online and put that money towards a honda oriented SC or Turbo kit. but that's just my .02.

your a fucktard

a blower is a blower and its a m112 eaton to be exact not the measley m58 that comes with a jackson kit yea thats right almost twice the size and will support around 650-700 hp

o and by the way mr dont put a ford part on a honda my 70mm mustang throtle body works just fine with my adapter flange car hasnt died yet but it sure is cursed from having ford parts on it

If you can manage i would say give it a shot if it's free.

You'll still have to manage boost to a level no more than 10 psi max with 8 psi being a resonable level that will save from excess wear. Although i am not extremely knowledgable on Superchargers i wonder what type of drag it will create on your engine. it seems like it would be a matter of gearing it correctly and finding the ideal pulleys. also finding a belt and mounting will be another thing to consider.

as far as using only honda parts on honda cars that all BS
my car consists of mostly honda parts with parts from mistubishi, chrysler, and soon a ford racing header modifeid to fit for a larger turbo setup

There's going to be a lot of fab issues.... not only bolting it on, but getting allt he sensors on it that are needed, and most important, getting a crank pulley setup the right size that puts out the 4-5 psi that you want. You might blow $500 in blets before you get it right. lol

Get a set of injectors, throw in the 255 pump and chip the ecu. Then fab up the blower, and start playing with pulley/belt sizes to get the right amount of boost.

I was going to settle for the FMU, until I ran the car. It was lousy!! After the Crome though and just a lil time tuning, night and day difference!!

If you rly want to go FMU, I have one here that you can HAVE FO FREE, its a 12:1.

another good option would be to get the supercharger have it sit around for a year while nothing really goes on with it then sell it on a ford forum and put the money towards a homefab turbo kit

jimboburgess said:
another good option would be to get the supercharger have it sit around for a year while nothing really goes on with it then sell it on a ford forum and put the money towards a homefab turbo kit
:werd: :withstupid:

well im not going to use a fmu i have the 45lb injectors from the truck and my ucu is chiped allready but i think that i need to ditch the turbo edit and go with obd1 and crome. the fab work will take some time but it is the part that i will enjoy most about this project. i have allready started milling the flange out for the blower and im ordering the alum sheet and tubing on monday for the manifold.

list so far

got all parts/materials needed

made me a cutter today that matches a 6rib belt so i can make my pulleys on the lathe :) when i get done i will grind off 2 of them and use it to put the alternator groves in the new crank pulley

got a gasket and used it as a pattern for blower flange started mill work on it it will take some time to cut out of a 1/2in plate because i dont have access to a plase to ruff cutt it and i dont feal like using a sawsall

i fealbetter about the size of the blower now hell they use a 90ci on a ecotec if it stays together mine will to i hope.

I personally think that it may be too big but hey, free is free. Keep us posted.

it may not be too large, if you are actually going to build it THAT IS AWESOME! keep us updated with pictures and we will do our best answering questions. if you get it working, 300 hp is easily possible unless i have a screwed up idea of the size of the blower, I just hope that you can push enough air to reach that goal, it would be a bummer if you failed to build the boost you wanted. All in all i don't you you'll end up hurting for power after it is put on.

give us pics, i don't have anyidea what you are working with.

ps, there is no way a saw-all would cut through 1/2 inch plate, it would take hours

don't use the injectors... they aren't right for the honda ecu.

dsm's are the only ones documented to work, other than aftermarket.

97hatch said:
your a fucktard

a blower is a blower and its a m112 eaton to be exact not the measley m58 that comes with a jackson kit yea thats right almost twice the size and will support around 650-700 hp

o and by the way mr dont put a ford part on a honda my 70mm mustang throtle body works just fine with my adapter flange car hasnt died yet but it sure is cursed from having ford parts on it

wow, i'm a fucktard because i suggest using only honda parts on a honda engine. i'm totally supporting using the blower on a honda engine. i would love to see it work. i just suggested to sell it then get something made for a honda. a lot less work and money will be invested. props to you if it works.

also it shouldnt be to awfull big the cobalts have a m90 (a 90ci)

97hatch said:
why wont the injectors work they are low impedance and i have a injector reistorbox and they fit

i'm not sure of the legistics of it, but i've yet to see someone get them working.

lots of neon guys use mustang injectors
along the same lines, the turbo dsm injectors won't work on neons, but they work on hondas.

something makes them incompatible, exactly what, i don't know...

a cobalt is a 2.0 corect or is it a 2.4

on the injectors thanks for the heads up B ive done research on it and aparently they wont work off a factory ecu you would have to have a aem or a fast or other EMS. and then they would work fine

Back