Need Pro Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Joka

Ok, I have a 91 Crx Hf, When i bought the car it had no radio and no plugs. All the original shit was ripped out and there are no wires anywhere.

I want to go buy a Cd player today and put it in but after buying the harness and plugging everything back into the headunit where do I plug the extra plugs too? There is none, So how do I run the HEadunit with no factory wires. Clock also doesnt work those wires were pulled too. Can i run all my wires from an amp?

well if there are no wires at all your best bet would be to run the power wires from the fuse box for the conbstant and the accessory wires, find a good spot to use for a ground and then run speaker wires to the speakers. that is the easiest and only way pretty much to do it.

Quoted post[/post]]
No wires at all, Not even cut. I think im going to do what mike said and see how it comes out.

It's easy. Your red is typically the switched power (accessory power wire), yellow is usually the constant power, black is ground, and blue is amplifier turn on or power antenna activation. Run all your own speaker wires- it'll sound better if you run decent quality large gauge wire. Considering that the car is almost 15 years old, putting in all new wire is generally a good idea anyway.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
No wires at all, Not even cut. I think im going to do what mike said and see how it comes out.

It's easy. Your red is typically the switched power (accessory power wire), yellow is usually the constant power, black is ground, and blue is amplifier turn on or power antenna activation. Run all your own speaker wires- it'll sound better if you run decent quality large gauge wire. Considering that the car is almost 15 years old, putting in all new wire is generally a good idea anyway.
:werd:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

:werd:

yes those colors are only the colors of the aftermarket headunit. they do not match up color to colr in the car itself

Option 1: Get a new dash harness, swap it, and call it a day
Option 2: Wire everything up manually.

The hard one will be illumination. Other than that, everything is pretty simple. You have to have wires in there somewhere, dig until you find them, or where they were cut. You'll need to tape them off anyway to keep fuses from blowing.

*edit*

Honda's factory stereo wiring is a joke anyway, UBER thin everything. power, ground, speakers, everything is way too damned thin.

Back