Need some help with shaved gas door

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its not physically possible to make a gas door that "fits so perfectly" that you wont see it. It simply cannot be done. If theres a gap theres a gap, simple as that. and a gao can be seen, so im not sure where these pipe dreams of yours are comin from

Originally posted by driver1@May 12 2005, 10:42 PM
its not physically possible to make a gas door that "fits so perfectly" that you wont see it. It simply cannot be done. If theres a gap theres a gap, simple as that. and a gao can be seen, so im not sure where these pipe dreams of yours are comin from
[post=498675]Quoted post[/post]​

well, there are ways to hide it, if you were to minimize the gap, and use a rubber gasket or foam strip to fill in the rest of the gap, and then paint over it, it would be harder to notice, especially if you had custom graphics on your car that break up the solid colors. and if you have the graphics run across your gas hatch so that even if it is still noticeable, it will look like its part of the graphic..

more of a minimizeing it and camouflaging it, rather than a total concealment. just like throwing a camouflage net over a tank so it doesnt stick out. if he played it down and then played up everything else, it would simply disappear to the eye unless you were looking for it.

so in recap, minimize the gap, graphics in that same general area to make it appear to be not what it is, and graphics that will draw the eyes away from any noticeable gaps/seams/lumps or whatever that you still have. then, if you walk up and just look the car over, it will be seem to be gone, but if you look close and hard it will still be there.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 13 2005, 05:02 AM
sigh :shrug2:
[post=498746]Quoted post[/post]​

It's better than trying to rig it through the tail light and killing himself.

Originally posted by driver1+May 14 2005, 01:16 AM-->
Originally posted by Lantis@May 14 2005, 12:53 AM
92civicb18b1
@May 13 2005, 05:02 AM
sigh :shrug2:
[post=498746]Quoted post[/post]​

It's better than trying to rig it through the tail light and killing himself.
[post=499074]Quoted post[/post]​

Great advice you gave,....thank you please drive through
[post=499079]Quoted post[/post]​

I wanted fries with that

are you gona weld the filler neck your self?
doy you know how to purge a tank? pressure test it?
and ass for moving it behind the light go for it I think it cleans a vehicle right up but last time i checked that was a domst trait like the belair im build

Ok..... I don't think it is that dumb to do. However, I have yet to do anything like it so it could be a big pain in the ass for all I know. I saw a CRX on ebay once that relocated the filler tube to the inside of the door. When you opened the driver door the little area of metal/frame support whatever it's called, thats where it was. It actually looked really good. However, I was considering a couple problems.... You would have to get that shit really flush to allow the car door to shut properly, you would have to worry about fucking with the integrity of the roof, and then the fumes inside the car. I don't think getting gas in the car would be a problem because I am very careful with dripping gas on my car. I never do. I just treat the nozzel like my dick and shake it a few times before I put it away. But never more than 3 because then you're just playing with it. Also, you would have to worry about windy days. If you have your car door open, which you would have to in order to pump gas, your gonna have the wind blowing your door and slamming it into the pumps or whatever.

On the plus side, you wouldn't have to route the existing pipe very far and it's not gonna be close to anything that would cause a spark. If I were to ever do it I would put it inside the door like that guy did. Very covert ops like.

BUY A FUEL CELL AND SHAVE THE DAMN THING!!
After everthing that these people have said to you,
only one thing is sure. Your mind is made up. your going
to shave it, if you havent allready started. Install a fuel cell
and leave the trunk open for a little while after you fill up.
If you start to get high going down the road, stop, open it
up and consider it a cheap buzz

P.S buy stock in air fresheners. :slap:

Back