Need T25 and K26 Specs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KillerBug

I am considering building a 2.4L Turbo Del Sol. I have each of these turbos used and ready to be rebuilt to better-than-new specs.

Does anyone know where i can find continuos and surge flow rates for these unts? Pressure ratios and efficiency ratings also appreciated. Thanks.

2.4l delsol?? care to elaborate?

well anyhow i can tell you this.

both of those turbos will never suit your needs, they are way to small.

I am gonna try and put the engine (and pussibly transaxle) from a '03 Hondo Accord into a '93 Del Sol. A lot of cutting and welding...should be a lot of fun.

I took the K26 off of a 2.0L Porsche where it was making 2Bar/29LBS boost. I figured that with a hi-performance rebuild it might just do the job.

I have heard that Honda blocks cannot handle that much boost. Is this ture? If so, how much boost can I run?

figure out the swap first. it's not like its a bolt-in affair.
sure, it can be done, but it costs a pretty penny to do a k-series swap.
i priced it out with a JDM k20a and it was going to cost me 11,500 to get it in the car and running, bone stock motor. assuming motor prices from hmotorsonline.com

Quoted post[/post]]
figure out the swap first. it's not like its a bolt-in affair.
sure, it can be done, but it costs a pretty penny to do a k-series swap.
i priced it out with a JDM k20a and it was going to cost me 11,500 to get it in the car and running, bone stock motor. assuming motor prices from hmotorsonline.com
from what the guy said, i assume he's gonna do the work himself. your price sounds like what a shop would charge...

nope.

that was PARTS.

not even shipping on top of it.

price it out.

the k20a is 5800 off the bat. and its another 5k in misc shit.

damn. well, at least killer bug is using a usdm accord engine, right?

even if he gets the motor for free, its still a hefty cost... one that can make 600 hp on a gsr...

freankly i don't see the point

Is there any point? to anything we are doing, other than to try to stand out even a little in a world where it seems everyone has a turboed B18c5 eg.

a junk yard k24 with a k20a (not a1/a2/a3 just a) head would be practically the TSX powerplant right? that'd make for an awesome car.

for a 2.4L engine, T25 sucks end of story. Even the nissan ones won't be enough for you, look for something with a T3 .64 A/R minimal

Back