Need to rent a car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chestercheeto48

VIP
Hey guys I am going to a buddy's wedding in Denver in July (flying out there) and I need to rent a car. I have never rented before and I guess I am looking for the best rental place/personal experiences. Also what should I rent and what other advice do you all have?

thanks,

chester

Wouldn't flying be cheaper? Or maybe even look into AmTrack. I took that out to Colorado a long time ago and it was a beautiful ride.

Yeah I have a plane ticket already but I need a car while I'm out there. right now I can get like a dodge magnum/chrysler 300 for about 50 ish a day with unlimited milage.

How old are you? I think the three main car rental companies won't allow you to rent unless you're at least 25. Just something else to keep in mind if you aren't 25.

But as far as I know Budget, Enterprise and Hertz are the only three I know of as well.

Yeah I am 27 so age won't be a problem. I am just looking for personal experiences with the major companies. I know that the big three like budget, hertz and enterprise are pretty common, but thrifty, dollar and avis are also on the Denver airport grounds. They are all pretty much the same price for a car. Anyone have anything negative to say about any of these or what hidden charges and things to look for?

Personally I never have rented a car, but my brother and parents have never had problems on business trips to Texas.

Yeah that is what I am hearing from people I know as well. I just thought I would ask all of you since Hondswappers are by far the most knowledge superior people in the world. :)

I've always rented with Dollar when on business trips and never had a problem with them. I know that Avis has satellite radio in there cars now if you want something like that. One thing to remember when renting in Denver is to get gas before you get onto Pena Blvd. After you get on there is only one place to get gas if you don't want to pay the 6 dollars a gallon for the rental agency and there usually like 2 dollars higher than any other station in Denver.

I travel every 2 weeks... I either use Enterprise or Budget. Budget is the fastest for me, because I have a FastBreak, so I can walk right to my car, without waiting in lines...

It honestly depends on the location. Some places I go, I ALWAYS rent Enterprise, other places I ALWAYS rent Budget... Its a crap shoot really... But if you want a safe bet, usually Enterprise is a good safe bet.

And also... Book a small/midsize car... Then when you get there, say "what do you have for deals on free/cheap upgrades?"

And if you think you are going to use a full tank of gas, PrePay for your gas. I always prepay, that way I don't have to try and find a gas station near the airport (VERY DIFFICULT SOMETIMES)....

We use Enterprise at my work when we have to rent a car for customers. We have never had a problem with them. :shrug2:

And get the insurance and beat the shit out of the rental!! :laugh: :driver:

seems to me that Budge uses Ford vehicles and that Enterprise is sold out for the times I will be there. Has anyone used thrifty? they have a Dodge Maxum/chrysler 300 touring edition in my price range.

Budget = mustang

thrifty = Dodge Maxum/chrysler 300 touring edition

I ended up going with thrifty rent a car and got a Dodge Maxum/chrysler 300 touring edition for 54.00 a day with unlimited miles and insurance. Thanks to all those that responded.

rent whatever get the best air driving off the curb lol

get insurance unless you have full coverage already and consider yourself a safe driver (IE NO ACCIDENTS)

Hertz has the rent a Shelby Cobra program, could really help if you wanna nail a bride's maid...

Back