need to settle a dispute

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i wanted to hear what everyone else thought about the two. and for reference for other people wondering about the two..

Who cares what everyone thought, if you knew the answer from the get-go you'd have known they flow about the same out of the box and as for one being ported it only really matters who ports them and to what extent.

Asking which head flows better is not supported by opinions, its supported by flow numbers. Opinions mean shit.

If you take two completely stock heads, one a B16A and one a GSR, and set them side by side, they will both flow the same; however, the GSR will yield a slightly higher compression, thus giving you more power.

If you port and polish both heads, giving each head the same amount of work, the GSR head will still yield a higher compresson ratio, thus giving you more power.

If you put performance camshafts, stiffer valvesprings, and lighter retainers on both heads, the GSR head will still yield a higher compression ratio, thus giving you more power.

If you then take and put bigger valves in both heads, the GSR head will STILL yield a higher compression ratio, thus giving you more power.

It's not a matter of opinion, and it's not something that can be discussed one way or the other. There are two things that are absolutely, without a doubt, 100% certain:

1. Bitches be treacherous
2. GSR head > B16 head

Period.

If you take two completely stock heads, one a B16A and one a GSR, and set them side by side, they will both flow the same; however, the GSR will yield a slightly higher compression, thus giving you more power.

If you port and polish both heads, giving each head the same amount of work, the GSR head will still yield a higher compresson ratio, thus giving you more power.

If you put performance camshafts, stiffer valvesprings, and lighter retainers on both heads, the GSR head will still yield a higher compression ratio, thus giving you more power.

If you then take and put bigger valves in both heads, the GSR head will STILL yield a higher compression ratio, thus giving you more power.

It's not a matter of opinion, and it's not something that can be discussed one way or the other. There are two things that are absolutely, without a doubt, 100% certain:

2. GSR head > B16 head

Period.

sounds like end of discussion to me.:D

2. GSR head > B16 head

Period.
Got to love them Quench Chambers.

Damn.......you guys are straight up bashing him. In the grand scheme of things......I would use either head and their differences are not enough to really mention. It is not some tremendous deciding variable in the power output. Sadly, this thread wasn't needed and the OP understands......or already understood the differences between the two heads.

people can't read but oh well i don't care about it anymore.. people wanna be assholes and talk shit to me when i just asked a question.. then let them be pitiful high school kids.. im not worried about it anymore..

Back