• 1995-1998 Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2003 BMW M3

• 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe

• 2003 Ford Lightning

• 1999-2001 Chevrolet Corvette(just a regular C5)

• OTHER(please write

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 13 2003, 09:42 PM
'04 WRX STi. :)

yeah, i must say i saw a brand new blue WRX STi on the highway going up to my girlfriend's college two days ago and holy crap was I impressed. I was doing a good 100mph, trying to haul ass up there so it wasn't a 3 hour trip and we come up on the STi. I just finished telling her how it would beat her dad's brand new GT and possibly his old cobra even though its only a 4 cylinder, she was amazed by all this and didn't really believe me until we saw it take off.

We're doing 100, we hit an uphill stretch of highway and this guy that had to be 30 to mid 30, just took off. I sped up, and was up to 110. He was still walking on me uphill and not even pushing it real hard. He had to be doing a good 130-135+mph uphill like it was nothing.

he did it again later too, just went from 70 to 120 or so in a matter of seconds like it was his job.

I said, get the lighting. Reason, it is fast, nice, and it is a truck. Even though it is a lightning, you could still use a truck. Never know when you will need it. Help somebody move, or a storm hits, and you need to get through some puddles. Also, I am in love with the lightnings, if only they were extended cab. Plus they use the same engine as a Cobra R, so there is a lot of modding potential. Just my two cents.

i voted for the supra. They turn more heads than any of the other cars, cept the r33, but i think they look better. even if you keep it stock, doubt you will, it still looks damn good.

Originally posted by khrisb@Oct 13 2003, 07:35 PM
Evo V. Da best. Motorex can get you one, can't they?

uhhh i dont think they can get Evo's at all... i can call my buddy who knows the guys over at motorex and find out... but i HIGHLY doubt it

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 13 2003, 11:15 PM
I said, get the lighting. Reason, it is fast, nice, and it is a truck. Even though it is a lightning, you could still use a truck. Never know when you will need it. Help somebody move, or a storm hits, and you need to get through some puddles. Also, I am in love with the lightnings, if only they were extended cab. Plus they use the same engine as a Cobra R, so there is a lot of modding potential. Just my two cents.

fuck the lighting it's a pos ford product, GMC Syclone/Typhoon all the way if your looking for a performance truck

Originally posted by CRX-YEM+Oct 14 2003, 03:53 AM-->
Frankie P.
@Oct 13 2003, 11:15 PM

fuck the lighting it's a pos ford product, GMC Syclone/Typhoon all the way if your looking for a performance truck

OR something you might actually be able to find...like a Silverado SS or a Dodge Ram SRT-10. ;)

R33. unless you want to keep thinking "shit. i could have gotten a skyline." come on, you know all the other cars are a dime-a-dozen out here. i see evos, lightnings sti's and M3's everyday.

if there's anyone out there who wants an r33, its me. you all know that. but frankly, its just not remotely practical. driving on the wrong side of the car will get old fast. drive throughs, bank atms, toll booths? ya know?

m3 dude. you won't be disappointed.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 14 2003, 12:13 AM
///M3, hands down. the other cars don't even come CLOSE

you bias son of a bitch. i'd get a used NSX, without a doubt. find a '91-'92 for well under 30k.

I voted Skyline, I've seen them for around 30,000 for a 94 or 95. I would pay that if i had the cash. Second choice would definitely be the supra or corvette, jsut depends if you want import or domestic.

WTF? The price tag on one of those is insane. Their were only like 100 made, and they are only an S-10 sized truck. Too small for my tastes. Plus, they are ugly.

OR something you might actually be able to find...like a Silverado SS or a Dodge Ram SRT-10.

WTF, again. I have yet to see the Dodge Ram and the SS, is a waste of money. The Lightning still takes the SS in the quarter, not sure about Dodge. The Lightning is still the best bang for the buck of the trucks. You can not go wrong with the Cobra R engine. I know the Dodge has a Viper engine, but too much gas guzzling for me. Also I don't like Dodge at all. I still like the Lightning, it is more rounded than the other ones. I like the SS too though, I would sport one. The Dodge is a fucked up piece of shit, doesn't know if it is a Silverado or F-150.

Dude no affense to the civic..I love those cars but if you are thinking of buying a Supra as a daily driver you are crazy!

You should reverse the role> civic=daily driver / Supra = project car!

I rather see a Supra done up then a civic!

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 14 2003, 09:05 AM

WTF? The price tag on one of those is insane. Their were only like 100 made, and they are only an S-10 sized truck. Too small for my tastes. Plus, they are ugly.

OR something you might actually be able to find...like a Silverado SS or a Dodge Ram SRT-10.

WTF, again. I have yet to see the Dodge Ram and the SS, is a waste of money. The Lightning still takes the SS in the quarter, not sure about Dodge. The Lightning is still the best bang for the buck of the trucks. You can not go wrong with the Cobra R engine. I know the Dodge has a Viper engine, but too much gas guzzling for me. Also I don't like Dodge at all. I still like the Lightning, it is more rounded than the other ones. I like the SS too though, I would sport one. The Dodge is a fucked up piece of shit, doesn't know if it is a Silverado or F-150.

Its not a cobra R motor... the cobra r engine is a 5.4 DOHC N/A engine. The lightning engine is a 5.4 SOHC blown engine. The cobra r is also rated the same, yet isnt blown. The lightning motors suck.. they arent built, so they dont handle much added power and any n2o on them abd they blow.

the only cool ford :)

shm_800x600.jpg

if you really want to get something that is just a daily driver then I would go with something you aren't going to have to wrench on.

if you can afford it I'd go with any of the new cars on the list... any of the used cars on there are going to need some wrenching and you won't have time for your civic

if nothing on that list then maybe a Saleen S281? or if you are going to wait a while wait till next summer and get a 2005 mustang GT

I guess I'd go with an Evo or an Sti because they are fast and still practical (can fit more than 2 people when needed)

or get a TT roadster and put a couple grand into the turbo and computer and you'd be close to 300hp

Back