new car time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I say Volvo, but I also strongly agree with Steve. A one year old car drops the price dramatically. I would buy a 1-2 year old car if possible. At least it would diminish the cost, and you would still have most of the Warranty. Also, you could use the difference in price to customize it a bit. I've never seen a new car dealership take money off of the price of a car for adding superior parts. Like if you want nicer rims, they wouldn't give you back the cost of the rims you don't want.(even unused)

My .02

ive thought about it, but the chances of getting one used the exact colors i want with the options i want is slim to none.
and as far as a car depreciating value i dont really give a shit lol. im buying what i want and plan on keeping it. i drive 4 miles a day so my mileage will stay insanely low

well ive been talking with the volvo guy through emails and he has been kind of a douchebag. not really rude or anything just blunt and straight to the point kinda guy. just not very polite and doesnt act like he is trying to sell a car. considering the dealership is 53 miles from here, i dont want to have to drive an hour everytime i need to visit the dealership just so i get to talk to some douchebag.
i had pretty much decided to start looking around town at evo's/sti's/bmw's, but today i got this.

The price of the Volvo S-40 manual built the way you want is $30,335.00 plus sales tax for Bay county, dealer and state fees minus the $500.00 internet discount.

for an 05 awd t5 in black with black interior. not fully loaded, because some of the packages are worthless to me, but with every option i want.

considering thats after all taxes and fees and the price is 2.5k less then the base price that was listed on the website...............

i still want the volvo >< lol

guess im gonna have to go down and test drive one and see how it drives ;)

i'm thuroughly happy with the STi purchase i made this past weekend.

for a family car, i don't know. its really TOO sporty. it rides pretty stiff, and the steering is wicked tight, making the ride quality suck for a family, but perfect for me :) i don't think i'd want my kid in a car seat in the back of it.

WRX wagon? the saab wrx wagon? :p

im not necessarily buying a family car. lol
its just my 3 cars now are all 2 seaters. i need a car with a backseat so i have the option of taking the kids somewhere if i NEED to. right now if something were to happen while my girlfriend is at work id be stuck :\
and i dont want a wagon.... at all....

and 30k including taxes and fees is a damn good price :thumbsup:

i still havent driven it though so who knows, my hopes and dreams may be crushed as soon as i drive it.
im sure its faster then my del sol though :ph34r:

Back