New car--Truck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm not too worried about the gas at the moment.......dun dun dun :ph34r:

I want to hear what you say if gas goes up to 6 bucks a gallon. In 2008 when gas was expensive I was putting a hundred every week, week and half. It fucking sucked. I also had a company van, so that was just the gas I used to get around town and go to the beach cottage every weekend. 50 miles a day, just fill the tank and don't look at the price on the pump.

well there was some problems with the financing....i'm working it out atm.... no truck yet :*(

My Fiance is going to bail me out .....hopefully...she's offering to put up a bigger down payment for what the bank wants....

I put in a benji every week now. Get about 350-375 to the tank driving 3/4 highway (about 15mpg) in my Hemi.

Nice looking truck, but I'm still not sold on import trucks yet. If I had to choose between Nissan or Toyota, I'd definitely go with the Toyota.

I put in a benji every week now. Get about 350-375 to the tank driving 3/4 highway (about 15mpg) in my Hemi.

Nice looking truck, but I'm still not sold on import trucks yet. If I had to choose between Nissan or Toyota, I'd definitely go with the Toyota.

Yeah but Tundra's with the same options are allot more. My first choice would have been a Tundra. I know if i don't have allot of the luxuries of the Audi like leather, heated seats ect..i won;t be happy with it.

if i was just buying a second car, i would be allot less picky but this will be a daily driver

What do you have for a truck now?

For a mini you can't beat a taco. Wasn't Nissan using Ford to build their rucks then going to DOdge for the redesign?

well there was some problems with the financing....i'm working it out atm.... no truck yet :*(

My Fiance is going to bail me out .....hopefully...she's offering to put up a bigger down payment for what the bank wants....

credit is tight these days... especially with trades that you may be upside down on.

its also a tactic used by dealers to get you to pay more down, or get you to agree to a higher percentage.
they tried that kind of shit when my mother bought a car a few weeks back, we went into the dealer, got her crap out of the car, turned in the keys and canceled the deal, they tried to jack up the interest rate which would have raised the payment over $100/month.

we went to a different dealer, got a better car, for a cheaper payment, for a lesser term.
nothing down, no trade in. lower rate.

Issue with your bank, or the dealerships bank?

Issue with your bank, or the dealerships bank?

Dealers Bank, it's a legit issue. I owe $13,900 on the car and they are only giving me $7k for a trade. I didn't know this but the Audi was in an accident before i bought it.

I was only putting $2k down and the bank wants $5k down. B's right though it's allot tougher these days with getting loans which is understandable. I had this same problem in Oct. when i went to try to buy a truck at a different dealership.

welp the bank approved the loan....i haven't learned the payment details yet, hopefully know if a couple hours

just out of curiosity:

Thoughts on a 2003 Ford 250 Lariat 6.0 turbo diesel vs the Titan

http://abw.autorevo.com/webtemplate.aspx?iid=3221492

3221492_cff3eb67-db4f-4fee-b1db-79e31cfae574.jpg

Last edited:
Ford diesels were really awful in the early '00 models, and the transmissions weren't much better. They don't get any better mileage than the gas versions. That, and the lift could easily give you trouble later on.

holy crap, you're that upside down on it? IMO, wait. pay it down more.
well with 5k down it is technically paid down more ...the longer i wait the less my car is going to be worth on a trade in

i just ran the KBB on my trade it and its 8500 in good condition so they are not unreasonable low on the trade in value.

Last edited:
yeah should really consider just keeping the car man. it's the wisest financial choice. buy a $1000-5000 truck instead of using it for a DP. You can get a early/mid 2000's full size 1500 for ~5k.

I just never deal with a dealership's bank, #s are not always what they seem. oh we can make this happen if we do this, this, or this, or we can do less here more there yada yada.

I always go to my own bank/credit union and get the loan before hand. Walk in with a cash in hand and buy with the, I want to buy today, sell me that car/truck for X many dollars OTD and I'll be on my way within 20 minutes. If they want to haggle on price I just walk.

When dealing with their banks, they've got you. You can't really do crap. Talk them down too much and some special rates are no longer special rates.

Only one question matters when buying a car from a dealership using their in house finance company.

What is it you can afford every month for your payment?
They'll make things work around those #s =)

Why so upside down with the Audi? I've never bought a car I couldn't pay double payments on without having issues making ends meet.
Keep that in mind when buying this truck, if you can make the payments but only if everything goes well for the month then you should think twice. Buy something older or something higher mileage, or as B says, keep the Audi.

I've been out of work shitting myself silly for a week straight and thankfully have zero worry about paying bills at the end of the month, however I NEVER put myself in a position where I could ever have to worry. Chit happens and it will happen. Don't let debt rule your life.

Back