New car--Truck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

go watch "the goods: live hard, sell hard". it will make you never want to buy another car from a dealer.

the only financing i would ever consider is from the manufacturer. even then, i would probably pass and go to my credit union.

keep the audi until you get married. you'll get screwed over on this one.

My aunt is in a similar position... she's had almost 10 cars in the last 6 years, and traded every one in while severely upside down on the loan. Now she drives a POS '92 mazda MPV because she can't get credit anywhere for anything.

Shit for the 5k you are going to lose rent the Home Depot truck instead. How often do you really need the truck? You are getting married soon, put the 5k towards that.

The 250 is nice but I would get the Titan over it.

Just throwing this out there. I know a guy who tracks his bike using a miata with a trailer. Just saying.....

Wow, bad idea.. I'm sure you'll do it anyway and bitch about it a year from now. :)

Why my buddy used to tow his boat with a 4cyl Cavalier that ran on 3 cylinders most of the time. It got the job done but not the fastest. A miata towing a lighter bike shouldn't be that bad if only done on occasion.

Miata + trailer, + bike sometimes 2, + tool box, + gear, + food/water/cooler, + tent + cooking gear + other crap.

It adds up.

Point being, it can easily be done.

My guess is when someone needs a truck and has to ask to barrow one, it normally means they need to do a trash to the dump run, pickup a big tv run, or other items like full sheet of wood or a stack of 2x4s Most people rarely push the towing limits of a truck. Most peoples needs can easily be towed behind a car.

Get gap coverage and burn the Audi. Your shit is going to be fucked so you might as well catch a felony too.

lol, i have gap insurance on the Audi and in my line a work I see enough fraud to make me fucking puke...you fucking worker's comp pussys need to go back to work with your carpal tunnel and back strains

Valid points are made about keeping the Audi but i NEED a truck lol and i only want 1 car. I don't really need to save for the wedding we've already talked to her parents and they are paying for 95% of it. We are spltting the limo cost, my girl already has money for the dress, and i need to rent a Tux and groomsman gifts...done deal right there. My dad is paying for the reherasal dinner. Honey Moon is already well thought out

I'm trying to get started on an Mobile Auto Detailing Business on the side. Please beleive me that trying to fit a shop vac, a power washer, a buffer, orbital waxer, a step ladder,a bucket, 100 feet of hose, and a giant tub with $600 of chemicals into a A4 is extremely tight, not practical and is going to ruin my car rendering it worthless. And showing up to jobs like that would be quite embarassing.

Plus i want to get a generator to run all my shit off of so i''m not asking people to use their electricity, that's not going to fit in an Audi A4.

Of course i can afford the payments. Monthy payments, gas and insurance are not a problem or concern.

For business use its a different story. Talk to an accountant about deductions. For your detailing business if it takes off is it going to be a full time gig or a side job still? I know a guy who did the mobile detailing thing and used an astro van. All his chemicals fit in the back, the genrator and he had a smaller water tank in there. If the business takes off you might want to get a vehicle you can tow comfortably a trailer with a water tank and powerwasher on. That way you can detail cars for clients while they are at work. I know a few house painters that do this for areas with wells or slow water supplies.

For business use its a different story. Talk to an accountant about deductions. For your detailing business if it takes off is it going to be a full time gig or a side job still? I know a guy who did the mobile detailing thing and used an astro van. All his chemicals fit in the back, the genrator and he had a smaller water tank in there. If the business takes off you might want to get a vehicle you can tow comfortably a trailer with a water tank and powerwasher on. That way you can detail cars for clients while they are at work. I know a few house painters that do this for areas with wells or slow water supplies.

Side gig for now until i can save up for the right equipment to do it right and depending on how much business i can get it will most likely remain a side job.

Not sure if i can suppliment $63,500/y with $12k in company paid beneifts doing this lol.

Would like to eventualyl through something liek this on the back

scout.jpg

Last edited:
nice truck.. i would have gone w/ a Tundra though

even if it is a side job, you can write off a ton of shit.

Yes, that is if he is legit in his side business.

Corvette, if you get the right clientele, and are willing to work you could probably make a lot more than that. It may be longer hours in certain times of the year but could be worth it if you love doing it.

Back