New Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dude F a WRX you have a kid and chances are a lot more going on in your life a car should be last on your list

Get the best car you can when it comes to safty, reliability, and ease of use with a carseat/kids. THEN look into power but only after you find the best all around car that meets your needs.

if you want a fun toy buy a 2nd car to play with on the side

I vote Accord, Camry, newer A4 ONLY WITH WARRENTY!, BMW is nice but only if you have a full warrenty.

Nissan max is not a bad car either and once again who gives a fuck how fast you can make it go for 1000 bucks this is your everyday driver that you use to drive your kid places

you're not a kid/teeenager like most of the other guys on this site buy a car that fits your lifestyle

If it was me I would buy another A4 with bumper to bumper warrenty.

they can be had for 16ish used from a dealership 2.8 V6 with AWD what more could you ask for in a family car?

Originally posted by jeffie7@Sep 16 2004, 02:39 AM
dude F a WRX you have a kid and chances are a lot more going on in your life a car should be last on your list
[post=390843]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsdown: for trying to tell another man what his priorities should be. i'm pretty sure he knows what needs to be done to take care of his child.

i'm pretty sure you didn't mean for it to come off like thatt...but that is how it sounded

I read somewhere that it costs the same to insure a civic hatch than it does a WRX... so you might as well get a WRX. :p

Originally posted by jeffie7@Sep 15 2004, 09:39 PM

Get the best car you can when it comes to safty, reliability, and ease of use with a carseat/kids. THEN look into power but only after you find the best all around car that meets your needs.

if you want a fun toy buy a 2nd car to play with on the side

I vote Accord, Camry, newer A4 ONLY WITH WARRENTY!, BMW is nice but only if you have a full warrenty.

Nissan max is not a bad car either and once again who gives a fuck how fast you can make it go for 1000 bucks this is your everyday driver that you use to drive your kid places

you're not a kid/teeenager like most of the other guys on this site buy a car that fits your lifestyle

If it was me I would buy another A4 with bumper to bumper warrenty.

they can be had for 16ish used from a dealership 2.8 V6 with AWD what more could you ask for in a family car?
[post=390843]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude, nobody said they wanted to be a soccer mom here.

It's not a matter of being a soccer mom. its called being a PARENT!
Coming from someone whos owned 4 cars and 3 street bikes in the last 4 years. one of my cars being a civic that had over $20K in it. Im such a car nut however if I had a kid or baby on the way the last thing on my mind would be how fast can I make the car for the lest bit of money... F THAT! thats what a weekend car is for.

If you want something to mod buy a weekend car

and who said an A4 or 3 series was a soccer moms car? last time I checked the A4 as with any 3 series would whoop most any honda stock for stock.

Once again my list would go SAFE and DEPENDABLE! power comes last on my list when it comes to family.

Just for the record if I knocked a girl up or even B I would sell my 350Z as soon as I found out.

[post=390852]Quoted post[/post]​

yah, i think jeffie is right...a soccer mom car would be like "get a caravan, or a explorer, or a volvo station wagon..." but yah, when you have a kid in the car, you gotta think about safety, not about how fast the car goes...yah, it would be great if the car was safe and fast, so thats why i say you should get like a nissan maxima...but dont speed with the kid in the car, please...

Originally posted by revolution8k@Sep 15 2004, 09:47 PM
I read somewhere that it costs the same to insure a civic hatch than it does a WRX... so you might as well get a WRX. :p
[post=390848]Quoted post[/post]​

thats not true, it cant be. It depends on age, wrecks, all that bullshit that insurance companies try to screw you over on. I vote the A4. :)

Plenty of people on my WRX board are married, have kids and own a house, and still have a modded WRX that will tear the doors off a busted-ass A4 any day. You want practicality? Buy a WRX wagon. Whether you choose a sedan or wagon, they're reliable, get great gas mileage, and have AWD. You can have a car that gets the family around yet is still fun to drive.

It's not like I'm going to be ripping it when I drive, The power of the car doesn't mean I'm going to drive like maniac when I'm on the road.

I know my limits and the power of the car is not effecting the safety of my child.

I feel the same way, you can have your kid in the fastest sedan possible, but that doesn't mean you have to go fast in it.

I tell my idiot friend not to speed with his daughter in the car...he does it anyway. The mother even asks me to take the kid with me when we're going someplace.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Sep 16 2004, 12:01 AM
It's not a matter of being a soccer mom. its called being a PARENT!
[post=390852]Quoted post[/post]​

[post=390928]Quoted post[/post]​

And all good parents should own a WRX.

Its faster and cooler lookin than a Maxima.

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Sep 16 2004, 11:03 AM
It's not like I'm going to be ripping it when I drive, The power of the car doesn't mean I'm going to drive like maniac when I'm on the road.

I know my limits and the power of the car is not effecting the safety of my child.
[post=391066]Quoted post[/post]​

Well there ya go - you seem to understand the car will only go as fast as you make it go . . .so get the wrx.

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Sep 16 2004, 05:40 PM-->
@Sep 16 2004, 11:03 AM

[post=391066]Quoted post[/post]​

Well there ya go - you seem to understand the car will only go as fast as you make it go . . .so get the wrx.
[post=391125]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea I'm going go check out one in my area later today, just because It's AWD Turbo, Doesn't mean it's not safe for a kid, It's not Like I'm going to be dragging, which I don't anyways I just like the car & AWD features..

If I remember right WRX rated pretty well on safety features.

i personally know of a few people that have completely totalled their WRX's, some even flipping and rolling the car about 6 times (sohcslammers friend) and still walking away from the accident. WRX's are very safe cars.

What about the tranny on used wrx's? I heard that they are weak for 2002 and probably 2003. Aren't a4's well over 15k?

Originally posted by driverunknown@Sep 16 2004, 03:03 PM
What about the tranny on used wrx's? I heard that they are weak for 2002 and probably 2003. Aren't a4's well over 15k?
[post=391205]Quoted post[/post]​

The tranny would only be weak if it were owned by somebody who beat on it.

Back