New Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WRX trannies are only weak if you beat on them, and/or subject them to loads of power. If you go to the dragstrip and routinely do 5k clutch drops, your tranny is going to shred itself (what tranny wouldn't?). If you put a huge 1820 turbo in there and make loads of torque and horsepower, your tranny is going to shred itself. But as a daily driver, with basic bolt-ons and some engine management, your WRX's tranny will be fine. All WRX trannies (up until 2006, reportedly) won't stand up to the abuse I mentioned. This was fixed in the STi six-speed.

I think Calesta was referring to the Forester XT. It's got a turbo 2.5-liter (detuned STi engine) that puts out around 230 horsepower (I think), but it's got a 5-speed tranny and a tiny-ass intercooler.

I'd suggest a new Legacy GT (250 horses, turbo 2.5-liter, droooooooooool), but they're pricey.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 16 2004, 03:22 PM
Duh.... but the non-STi transmission ARE weak.
[post=391219]Quoted post[/post]​

No they are not. They are only weak when you subject them to 3x the abuse our WEAK honda trannies take.

Tons of people I know on the 350Z board have a house and a few kids as with 2-3 other cars in the family....

Depends on the age and job of the person. Most people on the honda boards are under 25 and do not make enough money to pay for a nice house, car/s and family.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Sep 16 2004, 08:55 AM
Plenty of people on my WRX board are married, have kids and own a house, and still have a modded WRX that will tear the doors off a busted-ass A4 any day. You want practicality? Buy a WRX wagon. Whether you choose a sedan or wagon, they're reliable, get great gas mileage, and have AWD. You can have a car that gets the family around yet is still fun to drive.
[post=391029]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Sep 16 2004, 08:55 AM
You want practicality? Buy a WRX wagon. Whether you choose a sedan or wagon, they're reliable, get great gas mileage, and have AWD. You can have a car that gets the family around yet is still fun to drive.

WRX wagon's are fucking SICK! i love them. that's what i want to get sometime down the road.

Back