new to hs need help with gsr swap into cx forum

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pouponu

puttin my gsr into my 92 cx, looking to buy a cx hanress but does anyone here know of a forum for what wiring needs to be done:mellow:

if ur car is 92 I believe Vtec is already pre-wired so if I were u use a 94-2001 GSR harness just plug and play it save u lot of wiring trouble and use Re-chipped P28 ECU it worked on mine.........or da GSR ECU it self. Need to run knock sensor to D3/IAB solenoid to A17/evap purge solenoid A20......

No the CX is not wired for VTEC, only the Si and VX have VTEC wiring in the factory harness. Don't use a GSR harness use the stock harness for your car it will make things easier. Basically everything should plug into your factory harness assuming you have an OBD1 GSR engine, except for the VTEC components and the IAB for the intake manifold. I only have the pinouts for the OBD0 ECU on my computer, but I'm sure you can find them by searching here or Google.

Not true. My 92dx had the wiring in the junction box for the vtec slot in the ecu. Either way just look at a haynes man. and see if the corrrect wiring is already there. But either way you still have some wiring to do. But norcal is right. You still have to run wires for the iabs. And possibly extend the wires for the 02 sensor. Rember a manual and a multimeter are your friend. So many people get skared about wiring but its just realy comon sense. Shit if your in PA,MD, or DE im willing to come and give you a hand. THats beer and burgers provided...

When you say junction box where exactly are you speaking of? I wasn't aware of that before..

i have a 94 eg cx and i swaped a 2000 gsr swap into it and i can tell u that all i had to do was use the gsr engine harness, connected it right to the car harness and it pluged right in. i did have to run 3 wires to the pcm. vtec solenoid, vtec oil pressure sensor, knock sensor. i did have to use an obd1 gsr p72 ecu. unless u want to buy a obd1 to obd2 conversion subharness. once i ran my wires i was poppin vtec with no check engine lights and no running problems. i went to jspecauto.com and pulled the schematic for the 3 wires i had to run.

Back