new to obd1!!!!!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea found those last night..now for the wire coloring and im all set..
also i dont know if this would be the problem but im running a virgin p06(auto d15b7)
after about 4k rpm's the tach needle goes crazy and the car starts cutting out..would this be just because im not on the right fuel maps?? or is something wrong with the motor?

ok so i think i have it..on the oil pressure switch the red wire is a ground.the green wire goes to pin D6..on the solenoid the green wire goes to A4...correct me if im wrong?

yea found those last night..now for the wire coloring and im all set..
also i dont know if this would be the problem but im running a virgin p06(auto d15b7)
after about 4k rpm's the tach needle goes crazy and the car starts cutting out..would this be just because im not on the right fuel maps?? or is something wrong with the motor?

This has everything to do with the ECU. Get the correct ECU in there, or at least a chipped one with a stock map on it. Won't run correctly until you do.

Think of it this way:
You're running an ECU for a 1.5l
You're running a 1.6l engine

The difference in displacement, though rather small, will make all the difference in the air/fuel ratios which will cause it to run funny. Not to mention you don't have VTEC wired up yet.

The tach needle is probably wack because of the dizzy, most likely a bad connection/wire.

Since I'm such a swell guy I took a picture of my Z6. Now, you have a different plug on your pressure switch, no problem.

YOUR green wire goes to ground.
YOUR red wire goes to pinout D06.
The VTEC solenoid goes to pinout A04.

100_3016.jpg

:eek:.......lol i didnt understand a dam thing yall said lol,every time yall said p06 or p28 i pulled up google and googled dat ish lol wow...

im going to have to stay on this sight more often lol dang

and wat is a obd1 if somebody could start explaining things then i would happly give rep to yall

:eek:.......lol i didnt understand a dam thing yall said lol,every time yall said p06 or p28 i pulled up google and googled dat ish lol wow...

im going to have to stay on this sight more often lol dang

and wat is a obd1 if somebody could start explaining things then i would happly give rep to yall
OBD= On Board Diagnostics 0,1,2. P06 and P28 refer to different ECUs or "computers".

well thank..im gonna try it out as soon as i get a p28 :(

Why not do all the wiring now so when you do get the P28 you can pop it in? I prepared everything weeks before I actually did my swap.

ill probably do it today...
now should there be a wire coming out of the pins i will be using or do i have to pin it myself?
if theres a wire i can just tap into that correct?

k so i just looked and there are not wires in pins a4 and d6...so
where can i get the pins at to wire it myself??

Auto parts store MAYBE, but highly doubt it..

Otherwise you are probably going to have to try Honda or your local junkyard.. just snip off a length of wire behind it and unpin it from the back of the plug, then pin it to your harness.

Try to get a junked E.C.U. wiring harness and snip about 6inches from the pin, then solder and heat shrink it. MAYBE, just maybe find out if your wiring to the E.C.U. has ANY vacant wires with spare pins, sometimes they do!.

well ill check later today...i know that i have some plugs in the engine bay that arent being used(no idea what theyre for) so i might try them...

well i got the p28 in..vtec is wired..the car still sputters but now its at about 5500 rpm..i dont know if im hitting vtec either..
atfirst i got a cell when i was anywhere after 5500rpms..i switched the vtec wires around thinking maybe it was just wired wrong..and it doesnt have a cel anymore but still runs the same..
what is going on?!?!?!

Just a suggestion, try adjusting your throttle cable. This problem most likely isn't that but it is a quick fix that can be easily done.

Back