1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to this

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by robdsherlock, Feb 1, 2010.

1. robdsherlock

robdsherlock New Member

hi!!
    im from ireland and i dont yet own a honda but my plan is to buy a jdm eg4 or eg6 civic hatch or coupe and drop a h22a into it. over here engine swaps are fairly common but mostly b18c and some b20 conversions. im new to the honda seen but know a few bits and peices but would still concider myself a beginner in this section. i am however very capable on working on cars, i currently rebuilt my engine in my type ra impreza and do all sorts of work on it. i have always loved honda's and there n/a engines that CAN rev and have reliability!! altho i have never owned one.
    basicly i am planning on getting as much info as posible b4 i go ahead and buy one and do a conversion. i understand it can be done and is a little harder than b18c (which is prob why there isin many done here) but want to find out what parts i would need from which car, also would there be much difference i handling after the conversion is done??

thanks,
    robert

2. DESPAIN

DESPAIN yep....mmhhm.......yep...

just get some motor mounts and a jdm h22. this swap has been done lots of times.

3. robdsherlock

robdsherlock New Member

thanks for the reply. would it be easier and better if i just buy a prelude and swap the parts over??

4. DESPAIN

imo..... you would like the performance alot better in a civic..... i have a 92 prelude with a jdm h22. i would rather have my set-up in a civic.

5. robdsherlock

robdsherlock New Member

sorry i din make that clearer, i ment buy a eg civic and buy a prelude and swap parts over, would i be saving money on trips to the scrap yard??

6. DESPAIN

just buy a full h22 swap. lsd tranny would be best.

7. vpower

vpower New Member

just buy the full swap and the mounts online...u dont have to go to the scrap yard...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted