new to this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

robdsherlock

hi!!
im from ireland and i dont yet own a honda but my plan is to buy a jdm eg4 or eg6 civic hatch or coupe and drop a h22a into it. over here engine swaps are fairly common but mostly b18c and some b20 conversions. im new to the honda seen but know a few bits and peices but would still concider myself a beginner in this section. i am however very capable on working on cars, i currently rebuilt my engine in my type ra impreza and do all sorts of work on it. i have always loved honda's and there n/a engines that CAN rev and have reliability!! altho i have never owned one.
basicly i am planning on getting as much info as posible b4 i go ahead and buy one and do a conversion. i understand it can be done and is a little harder than b18c (which is prob why there isin many done here) but want to find out what parts i would need from which car, also would there be much difference i handling after the conversion is done??

thanks,
robert

just get some motor mounts and a jdm h22. this swap has been done lots of times.

imo..... you would like the performance alot better in a civic..... i have a 92 prelude with a jdm h22. i would rather have my set-up in a civic.

sorry i din make that clearer, i ment buy a eg civic and buy a prelude and swap parts over, would i be saving money on trips to the scrap yard??

just buy the full swap and the mounts online...u dont have to go to the scrap yard...

Back