new truck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

went window shopping yesterday..in late july im getting new tires mastercraft avengers or some shit..and id like to get new wheels to mount them on..my rear wheels now have really good snow tires that havent seen that many miles..
what im looking for is 16x8 with 4.5 backspacing and i think 5x4.75 lug pattern? in either gloss or matte black.
im really wanting something along the lines of aero/bassett/AR/Cragar...i dont really want spokes i want more along the lines of
cragar-series397-soft-blk-1.jpg

but cant find anything that has the specs i need.

What are mastercraft avengers? some kind of tires?

What you could do with the taillights is tape off a large area of the taillight, and spray around the spot, let it dry, then pull of the tape and put a light coat on the clean area. It will give the look of blacked out tails without the hassle and/or tickets...

I did it on my Dakota and have pics if you want to see my example...

Okay, i think i lost the pic but im looking for it

Last edited:
update on the truck..havent gotten wheels or tires yet.probably just going to wait until spring.
ended up tinting all the lights and were too dark so stripped the nightshade spray off them..so october im ordering the light covers.i put my sub and amp in awhile ago.and tinted the windows 20%..now i just need the tint strip for the front window..im getting 10mpg because the exhaust has a couple leaks and the header to downpipe has a blown doughnut gasket,causing the o2 to get an incorrect reading..its getting fixed this week or next hopefully.id like to blackout the emblems before winter but its not a priority right now.

plugs are fairly new..ill def. pull them out and see how they look..most likely coated in soot.
got the honda itch again so its on craigslist.but im at a point where i dont care if i keep it or not.

Damn, 10 mpg is awful. Honestly I was never impressed with the mileage on these things though. I had one for a little while. It wasn't an Xtreme, but it was the 2200 auto. The mileage always seemed shitty, and the truck had low miles and was in great shape, so I don't think it was an issue of needing tuned up. If it's going to get shitty mileage anyway, might as well have a V6, lol.

Oh, and then the transmission broke. Like 20,000 miles and the tranny died. Wtf?

yea the 4l60e is known to have problems..the truck has been babied its whole life,so im not too concerned with anything..if i dont get rid of it im going to fix the exhaust and it will get better mileage than it gets now..and follow through with the rest of the plans(light covers,wheels,tires,lowering kit etc.)

just went to a used dealership and picked up an unmolested,no rust,no dents.93 del sol...5 speed,z6,all that jazz...

Back