Newb and need advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This is pretty cool. I have the 2 cars front to front in the garage and the smashed up front clip on the Teg chopped off. Now I can measure, compare and match up certain parts. Granted the actual swap won't begin for a while, but this is by far the best way to do it when someone (ME) don't know NUTTIN about this stuff.

I need to go buy a new camera so I can pic and document it for future folks like me.

Hey Sapper, where are you located?

Right now I'm in So CA, soon to be relocating to No CA. I may be interested in purchasing that D16 from you. How much would you let it go for?

I'm in Kintuckee, LOL (not by choice).
But it be be quite a while before I do the swap. I still have 3 quads, 2 Dirtbikes, my truck and wifes car that constantly need go fast parts. But I'll keep you in mind when I do.

Well stupid me. I finally noticed that my valve cover says VTEC. But I'm seriously considering the Vtec head swap on the B18B before I drop it in. I read up on all the write-ups on how to do it and it seems so easy. Now I just need to find a good, complete head.

BTW, is that little thingy about 3 inches behind and to the right if the distributor the VTEC Solenoid? And if so, is it interchangable with other motors?

That is a very good idea and choice to do. This is called a ls/vtec. You will have the low end tq with the top end power. And it's a very good idea to do it while it's out.

I'm in Kintuckee, LOL (not by choice).
But it be be quite a while before I do the swap. I still have 3 quads, 2 Dirtbikes, my truck and wifes car that constantly need go fast parts. But I'll keep you in mind when I do.

Well, that's cool, actually. Maybe the stars will align and when you get around to the swap I'll have both the funds and a garage to my own little swap.

3 quads, 2 dirtbikes, 2 hondas, a truck & a wife? Nicely done.

Yes, my budget is limited having a family. Wife, 2 kids and yes, the 3 quads, 2 bikes my 06 Silverado that hauls the toys on the weekends, then her car. As you can see. It gets most of the attention.

769066_3.jpg

Anywho, back to subject, What hp level do I need to start worrying about axles or any weak links in the drivetrain and are there any?

I know my old bosses son has a 600+hp civic and he had to buy some $2000 axles.

you shouldn't really have to worry about anything unless you go forced induction or nitrous, either way, the b18a or b18b engine has the weak link at the rod bolts, anything over 220hp AND over 8000 rpm and they are going to give, after that you have the crank, it is good for about 275hp, then it starts to get flimsy.
as far a b series axles I have seen a bone stock GSR (about 150whp) snap axles with slicks, but I have also seen 300hp hondas not have any problems, I guess it would all depend on a number of variables starting with what condition the axles are in.

If you are talking about the D series, I would ask blanco or civicious, probably just post a new thread tho, maybe in the engine building section.

Nice imp! What's under that cowl, I wonder?

Thanks for the info Welfare. Glad to know that I won't have to throw money at axles for a while.

$2k for axles? Dang. I just had to replace driver side and it was more like $60.00

Nice imp! What's under that cowl, I wonder?

Thanks for the info Welfare. Glad to know that I won't have to throw money at axles for a while.

$2k for axles? Dang. I just had to replace driver side and it was more like $60.00

The Imp just has a "little ol' 350" in it. :rolleyes:

But as I was doing some research, the good axles are pretty damn pricey. So it's good to know I won't be needing them at all. But I do have to get get new stock replacements. The old ones came out in pieces. 20% discount for me though. What's really bad is the current ones in the Sol are new.

Well, to keep from starting a new thread, here goes.

Exactly which part of the harness do I need. I have the whole car to work with. I started to pull the harness out and since the Teg had ABS, that's integrated into it, then the part that goes across the front behind the dash.

Should I just split the loom and pull out just the 3 plugs that went to the ECM? Is there anything else I may need?

you only need the engine harness from the integra, it has connections at the front shock towers (both left and right) and 1 wire to the underhood fuse box, you don't need any other wiring from the integra.
The integra engine harness will plug right into the del-sol in the same exact locations.

Thanks Welfare. I can't give you anymore Rep thingies. You were the last one I gave it to.

haha, thanks, I'm just suprised that no one else answered your question before I did, I haven't been on the forum in a few days.
Good luck with your swap.

Back