newest project: pocket rocket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cf would be nice, but before i just left it naked with the stock engine lol

I ride a 110 and honestly after opening up quite a few hyperbikes.... they don't even amuse me anymore. 70mph 3 inches off the ground is just..... cruising speed.

I'd say sell it. You will have more fun elsewhere.

its 2 stroke right? you could rebuild it for less than 100 bucks... i did several yamaha blasters for about 150, thats including gaskets/piston, and having the cylinder honed. and now i have my own hone so i can do it even cheaper unless it needs bored

I have the same pocket bike, same frame and everything and I put a spare xr50 motor in it, Ill post some pics, took like 2 days to build start to finish.

its 2 stroke right? you could rebuild it for less than 100 bucks... i did several yamaha blasters for about 150, thats including gaskets/piston, and having the cylinder honed. and now i have my own hone so i can do it even cheaper unless it needs bored/QUOTE]

yeah its 2 stroke and the rebuild kit is $32 but i just like 4 strokes better

I have the same pocket bike, same frame and everything and I put a spare xr50 motor in it, Ill post some pics, took like 2 days to build start to finish.

awesome, did you have to make different mounts or what? and did you have to mod. the fairings?

Ok, here she is, no bars on it cause I lended the risers to my friend.

pocketbike035.jpg

Front down tube, had to weld the bent piece in there so the motor would come back out and it has to sit over a little father so the chain lines up.
pocketbike031.jpg

The other side you dont have to do anything with, I just hacked both the front down tubes out cause I wasnt sure how exactly the motor was going to sit.
pocketbike036.jpg

Rear motor mount.
pocketbike033.jpg

Janky ass top motor mount, fuck it it works. :D
pocketbike034.jpg

An easier way to mount the motor would be run some kind of spacers, or a few washers and drill new holes where the old motor mounted. The Honda XR/CRF 50/70 and the Ching Chong imitation motors use four bolts that hold the foot pegs to the bottom of the motor in the dirtbike. As you can see it wouldnt be hard to do it that way if you didnt want to mess with fabbing mounts.
pocketbike040.jpg

Then you have to flip the rear wheel around and take off the dinky little sprocket for the weed eater motor and weld a 50 sprocket to the hub, as well as a brake anchor on the other side. Take your time and make sure its on there square and centered.
pocketbike032.jpg

pocketbike038.jpg

I ran my exhaust right out the center. The fairing will fit back on no problem, I took it off cause it was all zip tied together. Stock fuel tank will work too.

pocketbike039.jpg

And of course. (yeah Ive looped it quite a few times:rolleyes:)
pocketbike041.jpg

I could, but its not really all that tough, I did it about two years ago and it was my "lets learn how to weld" project, as you can tell from some of the pics they arent the greatest but its held up.

yeah, i've never really welded... and i want this done to it pretty bad but i cant find an engine either ive been looking for one

Ebay, search pitbike motor. The Lifan 110s are good motors, your going to need a wiring harness too, some of the ebay motors come with them, if not I just might have another one around.

ive got a xr100 that ive been thinking of selling. let me know if you may be interested. Ur only about a 3 hour drive

Last edited:
How fast does that go byron? What motor is on it?

EDIT: damnit, I just read above. I can imagine it's pretty quick. 110 is pants shitting worthy though.

Last edited:
yeah it would be and i like when its that fast on somethin like that ;)

can you run the front fairings on it Byron?

Back