Nicole's "88/'89/'90 CRX build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1.6 dohc. If I'm correct zc's did not come with vtec. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one...

For what's most common to go into a CRX, no. Lots of people talk about a version of the D16Z6 that was badged as a "ZC" but I've never seen one in person, and I've never seen one online either.

For what's most common to go into a CRX, no. Lots of people talk about a version of the D16Z6 that was badged as a "ZC" but I've never seen one in person, and I've never seen one online either.

Yeah I did a little researching yesterday and am pretty sure none of them came with it. They do have a sohc zc, supposedly kinda rare... I would rather have dohc anyways.

On a progress in the build note- got the inside ready to be sprayed- will paint it this afternoon. After that- the interior pieces can be put back in and we can get the seats ready to be mounted on the brackets. :D
I have a set of corbeau (sp?) racing seats. Hubby started putting some of the suspension on last night, and we are working on fitment of the intercooler.

do u have ur own crew. N r u only gona run it on the track or in da street ??????????

Me and my husband are the crew lol. I don't think he would let anyone else touch the car anyways.
Track only- our car club has a rule against street racing.

well at leas you guys car about da cars so is jst u n ur husband in ur crew no other people do both of u guys drive crx's

well at leas you guys car about da cars so is jst u n ur husband in ur crew no other people do both of u guys drive crx's

I don't really understand what you are asking me... :confused:

If you are talking about the car club- there are 17 of us. I am the only one that has a crx.

i didnt know car clubs still existed! and the highways are fun to race on!! nothing beats 3rd gear pulls late at nite!

i didnt know car clubs still existed! and the highways are fun to race on!! nothing beats 3rd gear pulls late at nite!

Very few now I think. We are pretty popular around here- 17 vehicles and been together for 3 years. Most of the shows down here have club participation awards- so I guess car clubs DO exist lol. :)

Technically our rule states "No street racing in heavily congested areas or main roads with high traffic volume". So basically interstates and such are ok. We just want people to be responsible. Sponsors hate street racing too- so we have to watch out for that aspect as well. Get 17 cars in a convoy on the interstate and see if some racing don't happen. LOL

Build pics!!! :D

10/14/10
Got the inside of the car sprayed and front suspension put in. Kinda...

Last edited:
well you gotta be smart about street racing obviously! lol we all meet up late at nite around here and go on the highway when there are very few cars out.

Back