Nicole's "88/'89/'90 CRX build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Enjoying this thread! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Thanks. :)
I'm excited about this weekend. The motor is "supposed to" be going in. I say "supposed to", because he has decided to go hunting all day Saturday. Not that we don't need the meat, and I'm sure he will enjoy it. He just be ready to work Sunday lol.

Turbo gaskets are in, exhaust got put on the motor today. The motor is ready to go in the car!!!! :D
We filled the motor mounts with polyeurethane today to stiffen them up as well. I will get plenty of pics of the motor today and post them tomorrow. Hopefully the motor will go in Sunday! SO excited!

were are those rim pics? ;)

:huh: You totally called me out on that one... I still haven't taken any pics of them yet... I also didn't get the pics of the motor yesterday like I said I was.
I will get them tomorrow. I don't work weekends- my weekdays are insane though between work, a 4 year old and a 7 year old, crossfit, and everything else. :wacko:

I will also get a pic of the busted rim- it's messed up bad. Amazingly the tire is still good though!

Last edited:
:huh: You totally called me out on that one... I still haven't taken any pics of them yet... I also didn't get the pics of the motor yesterday like I said I was.
I will get them tomorrow. I don't work weekends- my weekdays are insane though between work, a 4 year old and a 7 year old, crossfit, and everything else. :wacko:

I will also get a pic of the busted rim- it's messed up bad. Amazingly the tire is still good though!

didn't mean to come across like an ass :rant: it was just a friendly reminder. sorry

didn't mean to come across like an ass :rant: it was just a friendly reminder. sorry

Oh no I didn't think you were being an ass, sorry as if I sounded like I thought you were. :(
I didn't mean to sound like one either. :)

11/21/10- Lots of new pics today!!!

Motor pics-
The motor is ready to go in. Thought it was going to be this weekend, but I forgot it was the opening day of gun season, so next weekend it is...

Filled the mounts with polyeurethane to stiffen them up:

Here's the WHEELS!!! Finally remembered to take pics of the wheels!!!! LOL
Rota Circuit 8- they will actually be black when they go on the car. We still have to order the 4th wheel before we send them to be powder coated.

This is the one that didn't survive the wreck :( There were pieces of this wheel INSIDE the back of the car. :eek:

Tires:
Nitto Neo Gens

Ractiv Gauges:

Rear view mirror:
It was just too plain looking for me so I painted the arm piece.

Got one door panel wrapped- it took FOREVER. I dread doing the other one, but they will look so much better when they are done.

Getting the best part of the door panel cleaned up- these things were nasty. i had to change the water out 4 times. They look brand new now though! Just got to put them on the newly wrapped door panels and I will get more pics!

Wrapped the headliner- it looks awesome. I am very impressed by how this turned out!!! :D

yw. I wish I could find me a women that was into cars like you.. can't wait to see the car done...I love CRX's I had one it was my second honda bought it in 1998- 91 si mint condition with 80k on it. I will post some pics of it sometime. I really miss it though, i should of never got rid of it.

I wish I could find me a women that was into cars like you..

:D I hear this ALL the time lol. I grew up under the hood of a car (not litterally but you get what I'm saying ;) ). I also get the "you gotta find me a chick like you to date" all the time. It's fun to be into cars as much as I am, cause I feel really comfortable hanging out with the guys and they know they can say whatever and not offend me- so it gets pretty damn funny lol.

thats awsome odd you grew up under a hood of a car but ok...jk lol.. I did too when I was 4 or 5 my dad had a road race car that looked like a nascar but was a nissan 4cyl. I would sit in it everyday and pretend i was driving..

thats awsome odd you grew up under a hood of a car but ok...jk lol.. I did too when I was 4 or 5 my dad had a road race car that looked like a nascar but was a nissan 4cyl. I would sit in it everyday and pretend i was driving..

Heh yeah I knew that would go there so I went ahead and took it there myself lol. I have pics of half of me hanging out from under my mom's Nova helping dad change the oil. I also have pics of my son asleep on a creeper when he was about 2 in our shop. :)

DANG! That car is going to look awesome, and the motor work, well lets just say I had to wipe the drool off of my keyboard, lol

The headliner is sick! You should come do the liner in my 6 with something cool :D

+Rep for you :)

DANG! That car is going to look awesome, and the motor work, well lets just say I had to wipe the drool off of my keyboard, lol

The headliner is sick! You should come do the liner in my 6 with something cool :D

+Rep for you :)

:D :D :D Thank you!!!
The motor is pretty damn sexy if I may say so myself lol. Texas or Georgia huh? I'm pretty much in the middle of the two. You could always plan an extra day in your traveling between the two to stop by and we can cover your headliner lol. It's not hard to do. :)

11/23/10-

Well, you know that saying: "One step forward and two steps back"? We hit the "two steps back" part last night. We got the motor in the car- which is awesome, except... it doesn't fit. :(
I didn't get pics cause it was dark when I got home from work, but apparently there are some clearance issues. We knew that this car had been wrecked, but the body and all is straight. Well, apparently the front end is a little further back than it should be or something, because the motor is touching the front supports. It's weird because the motor mounts line up perfectly- we just can't swing the motor forward enough to attach the rear mount.
So- it's off to our friend's shop down the street for some minor body mods. Shouldn't take more than a day or 2 to work it out though. In the mean time I can keep working on my interior and getting it ready to go back in...

Back