Nicole's "88/'89/'90 CRX build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well I too had thought there was a sohc vtec zc but calesta seems to be right. I can only find non vtec 120 hp versions. however wikipedia lists a sohc vtec version similar to d16z6. So yeah very rare and very pointless. but the dohc zc motor is a pretty sweet build from what I've read most respond very well to turbos...can't wait to see the final product

moar pics of your CRX and parts and such, plz -- i don't care if nothing new is done. i need CRX pr0n :D

yes crx pron would be great!!!!!!!!!! not to get off topic but some of the best sex i ever had was in a 90 crx si.........lmoa what we do when we are kids..........

Here ya go! :D

10/30-10/31

Got the headlights in...

Here's my seats. Didn't get a good pic of the front of them cause they are covered in parts lol.

FINALLY got my bumpers and hood primered!!!

Got -another- intercooler... ^_^

Got my tail lights fixed and primered. The black outer edge of one of the side lights was broken in 2 different spots. Put some serious bonding adhesive on them, little sanding and some glaze putty, and you can't even tell they were broken...

Here's my project to attack for the week... I'm not looking forward to this... Someone did some bodywork a while back I'm assuming- and didn't prep the metal right. The bondo has been bubbling up and chipping off, and now it's rusting. I chipped the bondo off last night and sprayed some rust kill on it until I can get to it this week to start fixing it... :sigh:

We did a lot of cleanup too. We are trying to get every last piece of useful stuff out of the parts cars so we can start loading the scraps in them. The yard is filling up with broken parts and stuff that is no good lol. Got the gas tank pulled off the one I am going to drive- it's full of rust, and pulled the one off the wrecked car (it's still got gas in it, which isn't any good but at least keeping the tank clean from rust). The other Skunk2 coilover should be here Thursday, and then all the suspension will be ready to go on. Got the drilled and slotted rotors turned last week, and got the tires pulled off the rims to have them inspected from the wreck. Sorry- didn't manage to get pics before the rims left the house. :(

Last edited:
Lookin good, can't wait to see it when its done!

Oh and that fmic is pretty big, you gonna cut the bumper? I had to get a 7in tall one becae anything bigger stuck out the bottom and I didn't wanna cut the bumper.

Lookin good, can't wait to see it when its done!

Oh and that fmic is pretty big, you gonna cut the bumper? I had to get a 7in tall one becae anything bigger stuck out the bottom and I didn't wanna cut the bumper.

We have another intercooler that isn't as tall, once we get the bumper on at least enough to align and measure everything we will decide which one we are going to use. I'm not using the stock bumper, and the one that I am using is a little bigger, so maybe that will help... Either way, one intercooler is going on the Honda, and the other is going on the Mazda when we convert it to a front mount. :D

11/1-11/2/2010

My husband always says "work smart, not hard"... Would this be working smart or being lazy? LOL
He started working on the wiring harness anyways. ;)

Also- My coilover came in!!!!!! :happydance: Now we have a full set!

Also, in the works on a carbon fiber hood from a local guy for cheap cheap cheap... Hope this one goes through!

Last edited:
mhm carbon fiber on an ef. can't wait. but yeah I understand wanting to rush a project. I've been trying to rush mine along for a long time now and it just continues to get pushed back. I'm picky though.

mhm carbon fiber on an ef. can't wait. but yeah I understand wanting to rush a project. I've been trying to rush mine along for a long time now and it just continues to get pushed back. I'm picky though.

Yeah. We are making sure everything is done right and done well, and as long as I can make a small amount of progress each week I am content. As long as we don't sit around and think about working on it, but don't go outside and actually work on it- I will be okay lol.

Thought I would add this pic for entertainment... This was taken the day we moved from our old place to our new place. We didn't want to make 2 trips for the 2 cars, so my dad used the crane on his service truck to put them both on the trailer.

11/6/2010

Got the bad spot fixed on the door. It took me a couple of hours to get rid of all the pitted rust that was under that bondo. There was another cracked spot under the molding so I went ahead and fixed that also.

Nice! Betcha had a bunch of Honda fanboys watching you go down the street and wondering what the hell happened...

Nice! Betcha had a bunch of Honda fanboys watching you go down the street and wondering what the hell happened...

Ha ha lol. We had people turning their heads as far around as they would go to get a better look. It was very entertaining cause I was driving behind the trailer and got to see their reactions. It was priceless.

I will have a bunch of pics to post after Saturday! Yesterday we got the turbo and manifold back from the machining guy- he did some minor modifications to some stuff and painted some stuff for us. It was dark when I got home last night (damn time change :() so I didn't get any pics. We ordered the turbo gaskets last night. The hood will be here tomorrow!!! We also got the intercooler mounted last night, but now I have to cut my bumper a little to fit around it. :(
After the gaskets come in we should be ready to drop the motor in!!!! We are pretty much limited to weekend work now cause it gets dark so early, but things should still move at a good pace. More days off with the holidays coming up too should help.

11/13/10
Got the front end put together. We had a good bit of unexpected resistance from this. Apparently the passenger side fender is bent a little so I'm going to have to do a little work to it to make it line up with the bumper right. The front bumper of course had to be cut to fit around the intercooler, and has been off the car and sitting in the yard for so long it's warped, and the hood didn't want to latch but we finally got that straightened out. At least now it actually is starting to look like a car again!!! :D I'm still going to have to take the bumper back off and take a heat gun to it in a couple of places to fix the warp issues and make a straight, neat line where we cut it, but that won't be bad.
The turbo gaskets will be here this week- one actually today. After that, I will take pics of the full motor before we put it in the car this coming weekend.

Here's what it looks like when you cut a polyuerethane bumper-

It throws off spider web- looking strands of fiberglass. We made a huge mess.

And here's the car (sortof) put together.

Back