Nissan engine tech? Attn AIRJOCKIE also.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Somebody just asked me if you could swap cams between a KA24DE and an SR20DE. I told them I'd ask around, are they interchangable or are they like D and B series engines where nothing is interchangeable?

Also, Airjockie... when you dine out in Japan, are tips included in the check or no?

as far as I know...the cams are not interchangable....

And in Japan...there is no tipping....they make a hourly wage...and the tip if any is added in the service charge....but...sometimes the rich geezers will just pay a $52 bar tab and slap down $100 and leave....

Quoted post[/post]]
as far as I know...the cams are not interchangable....

And in Japan...there is no tipping....they make a hourly wage...and the tip if any is added in the service charge....but...sometimes the rich geezers will just pay a $52 bar tab and slap down $100 and leave....

Thanks man. :thumbsup:

you best take your rental car to tsukuba and to super auto bachs....thats all i gotta say.

not interchangeable.

arent the ka shafts larger?

Quoted post[/post]]
are you...... what..... wait.... did....

.ugh....

lol some guy on another board has a friend with a KA24 swap into his 240sx, he wanted to know if the cams were interchangable for some reason.

Quoted post[/post]]
no not interchangable they are diff

Thanks for the verification.

Quoted post[/post]]
you best take your rental car to tsukuba and to super auto bachs....thats all i gotta say.

huh?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]lol some guy on another board has a friend with a KA24 swap into his 240sx, he wanted to know if the cams were interchangable for some reason.
..... dude... the ka24de was the stock motor..... there is no swap.........

Or maybe he swapped an SR20 into it. You know what I meant. One way or another there was a swapped engine into a 240sx. lol

Haha it IS a possibility AND a semi-comon swap . . .

Back