No more B20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 8 2005, 12:10 PM
Grab a DOHC ZC and strap on a cheapie turbo. :lol:
[post=443009]Quoted post[/post]​

theres nothing funny about that

Originally posted by spectacle@Jan 8 2005, 12:43 AM
no one ever finishes their fucking high potential projects on this site.

I'll be one of the first :smile:
[post=442875]Quoted post[/post]​

I did.

But I never pushed the motor to the max by installing bigger injectors. afters selling it the new guy ran a 11.6 with pump gas on the normal boost setting + slicks.

Will should have put a B16 or B18 in the car and drove around for awhile while saving up enough money to sleeve/boost it.

doing it in steps helps. going from ZERO to a fully built race engine... takes a lot of time and money and everything must be forked out up front.

I had a B16 for like, 3 months.....

And I had all the money up front, or most of it. I got a loan.

I didn't plan on the head being fucked up, and the other problems that came along with that. This isn't like I started building piece-by-piece...I bought everything at once, and it just so happened that one of the few non-new parts I bought was garbage.

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 8 2005, 05:56 PM
I had a B16 for like, 3 months.....

And I had all the money up front, or most of it. I got a loan.

I didn't plan on the head being fucked up, and the other problems that came along with that. This isn't like I started building piece-by-piece...I bought everything at once, and it just so happened that one of the few non-new parts I bought was garbage.
[post=443097]Quoted post[/post]​

That's why you always plan on spending at least 1/3rd more then planed.

Its like right now I'm trying to buy a house. I'm not going to buy something that taps me out becuase I can afford it. I want something I can pay for and still have extra money for when things go wrong.

The fact that a bad head is making you scrap your whole project makes me think it was very poorly planed.

bummer Will.

Hope it works out for you, or you plan it out better like Jeffie says.

Jeff, fuck you. The head caused a LOT of problems, which I can't afford to fix right now. Sorry if I didn't take my shit to a shop from the beginning and pay someone else to do it. Sorry if I didn't fucking plan on getting a shit head, and that setting me back. Sorry if I can't afford to keep dumping cash into fixing something that shouldnt've been broken in the first place. You paid someone to build your civic, then sold it. As far as I know, you didn't put any of your own time and effort into your shit, other than opening your fucking wallet.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jan 9 2005, 03:40 AM
Dude, pull the tampon out, I think it's time for a change.

Jeff's points were very valid and also quite true.
[post=443265]Quoted post[/post]​

No, not really... Jeff just wants to get under Wills skin by being the fucking prick that he is. Now Wills points, those were valid points.

I don't see Jeff getting on B's case for giving up on his project because of the few setbacks he incurred. Do you?

To be fair, Brian isn't 19 years old and could afford it. He also lost enthusiasm, he didn't just sell it because he had to. I think that this entire project was a mistake on Wil's part. But whatever. I personally think he's too far in to give up now. But again, whatever. It doesn't matter now because he has his mind made up and it's not going to fix anything to argue over it. Jeff had valid points, don't shit all over them because you have an allegience to Wil.

Lets take a little econ lesson, all the time and any loss of value of parts you bought are sunk costs and should be ignored. Look at your postion NOW, lets say it will cost you 400 bucks to have your setup running the way you want, if its worth the 400 to you, and your able to pay do it, if not, don't. Just don't let the human justification of "your too far in now" to flaw your decision.

i say stick with it, let it sit for a little while (if you can), clear your head of all this bs going on here and get to it. I hope you stay with it, good luck!!

will, hit me up on aim when you sign on today.... i got a question for you.

Fuck everyone that talks shit to Will. He has gone thru more downs in this hobby then anyone on this site. I would quit to if i got fucked on a deal with another member of a site that i hold higher then others. I cant beleive how many long term members are complete ass holes.

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jan 9 2005, 01:39 PM
Fuck everyone that talks shit to Will. He has gone thru more downs in this hobby then anyone on this site. I would quit to if i got fucked on a deal with another member of a site that i hold higher then others. I cant beleive how many long term members are complete ass holes.
[post=443430]Quoted post[/post]​

Heh. Maybe most members keep their shit to themselves, and don't post about their geniousness.

I say, scrap it, start over.

I did the same thing in putting together my car after I totaled it last year, I didn't plan on my hood poppingup and royally fucking my car, but it happened, because of a genious move on my part for not checking shit when I was given it from someone I hold in high regard. You know what I did? THis was last year (age 16 bk employee making minimum, no daddy's money).

I waited a week, then started to rebuild the car all oever again. In 2 weeks it was road worthy again.

Maybe, he should step back, and take a different approach.

will do what you want man. You are set back a little bit, but put it aside and let it be till spring. Then decide. But it does blow about you getting scammed. I thought it was cool that you didnt bullshit around and you went right for it. That takes balls and you did as well as expected with a bogus head. Cheer up homie grab a beer and sit back and watch the grass grow for a little while and build motivation. Keep your head up. :beer:

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jan 9 2005, 03:39 PM
[post=443430]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, I doubt it. I like Wil, but I've definitely been through more crap on my car than he has with his. You guys just don't hear about the negative stuff that much. :)

yea will's had it bad, but it can get worse. at least it didnt get stolen, stripped, and over a years worth or labor to rebuild it to 100% again like what happened to me. dont worry will, things will look up :)

I have no beef with will I think hes a good guy its fun to pick on him about burning things, getting stuck, or maybe even the end of the world one day. However, I still like will.

I was just pointing out that it should have been planed better.

I did a shit load of work on my car but you're right about the turbo part I paid someone becuase TIME = MONEY and for me I didnt have the time. Plus I liked the idea of the shop that built the motor to also tune it.

And who says I didnt have any problems thats why I spend like 10K more then I planed I blew up 2 motors in 1 month becuase I did as you.... over looked something I SHOULD HAVE checked my head but I didnt it turns out I had a B16 Auto head and I broke a few SRP pistons with 1000 miles on them.

As far as work I've done myself I've had that car apart and back together I do most all work on all my toys when I was 12 I tore my first motorcycle down to nothing but a bare frame painted the whole thing redid the motor and built it all back up from the ground up.

paid 250 bucks for the bike and sold it 7-8 years later for 750 bucks with hundreds of hours with of use on it. I miss my 1986 DR100 =)

But you're right when it came to my turbo civic I had the "engine/turbo" built from the ground up becuase I didnt have time to do it myself. plus being that it was my only car I couldnt afford too much downtime.

After I buy a house I want to build another track like car I want to build it from the ground up - the sleeves, head work, and tuning. I might built my 350Z up with a SC or TT kit or I might do another honda.

BTW as far as age goes my turbo civic was done when I was 19

And I did give B crap and even picked on him about will saying that will would do the same thing "being say hes going to give up 5+ times" I tend to talk to B on AIM I think I posted a total of 1 time on Bs big ass thread. I always talked on AIM.

Anyways will do not give up you will take a total loss it's just not smart.

if you have to park the car and let it sit till you get some more funds. check the papers for a $500 beater and grab it. work for awhile then when you get enough money to finish the job do it then at that time sell it.

unless you're set on parting it out.

Either way not trying to bust your balls its just that sometimes the turth isnt what everyone wants to hear.

Ask anyone of the shitload of people who AIM me asking for help on building their cars I always tell them to plan on spending a shitload more then they think even if they buy an already built car that runs great becuase the shit will blow sooner or later.
may it be a clutch, tranny, or engine shit happens. and it cost.

Back