no wonder why kids today can barely read...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i bought a house cause i was tired of renting. I didn't have a good time in one of those larger complexes I was in. Yeah its my house and I'm happy to have it, but at the same time I bought it when I was 24. I probably should have waited.

If only you knew what a "typical woman " was like....you would know I'm not that. :)
Don't judge me until you have met me. At least I can admit when I misread something, instead of having someone call me out then deny it like lots of people. So, no I'm not your typical woman.

it was a joke.

and i was just commenting on how you jumped at the chance to prove someone wrong.

If only you knew what a "typical woman " was like....you would know I'm not that. :)
Don't judge me until you have met me. At least I can admit when I misread something, instead of having someone call me out then deny it like lots of people. So, no I'm not your typical woman.

So when I judge you by saying you're f'in hot and phyre is a lucky m'fer, am I wrong for doing that without having met you? :)

Women have their ways which are different from men, which is why guys say "typical woman..." even though we understand everyone is different. Its not really a compliment or an insult.

ok i have a question for you guys...since this thread has devolved (or evolved, more like it) into housing discussion:

what does it 'say' to a guy if a single woman owns a house vs. rents a condo, etc.?

discuss...

ok i have a question for you guys...since this thread has devolved (or evolved, more like it) into housing discussion:

what does it 'say' to a guy if a single woman owns a house vs. rents a condo, etc.?

discuss...

That says that she is a hard working woman that can do for herself. He should not be intimidated by this. My opinion, of course. Still have to keep in mind that some people rent because they may not be living in that area for a long time, or they are waiting for the right house to go on the market, ect.

discuss...

That tells me that shes a no non-sense kinda person who can set goals and meet them. Also, that she would prally expect the same outa the ppl she associates with.

I may have a different perspective on lots of things, so I'll spit out my bit. Take it as you may--I'm not looking for anyone to agree with me.

When I see/hear of a woman that is on her own, regardless of renting or purchasing an establishment, I automatically think of maturity and experience. The woman in question obviously knows what she wants and is willing to do what she has to, even if on her own, to get it. She is typically not swayed by others, can think on her own, and has her priorities straight, or straight enough to be able to accomplish what she needs to do.

As for renting vs. buying, when I see a female renting on her own, I typically think a strong woman who has found her niche, but still isn't ready to settle down yet. She may be headed in the right direction, but she isn't certain that the location is right. When I hear of a woman buying on her own, I typically think of longevity. She has found her spot, is comfortable with it, and knows she can get what she needs to sustain herself. A woman that owns her own place compared to renting is probably settled enough to not be prone to moving or changing her lifestyle.

Obviously, this is just in regard to housing. Personal mentality, or logic behind it, is not included in my personal opinions/vantage points. God knows why woman do certain things--I will never figure it out, nor will I ever attempt to even get a grasp on their logic, as it changes WAYYYY too much.

That says that she is a hard working woman that can do for herself. He should not be intimidated by this. My opinion, of course. Still have to keep in mind that some people rent because they may not be living in that area for a long time, or they are waiting for the right house to go on the market...

good input - and yeah, i rent and have rented since 19 - and have lived in 6 states and 14 different apartments/houses. i wouldn't even know where to buy a house as i don't know where 'home' really is - may never find it. but i do daydream about having my own place - but it always makes me curious if most guys would look at a woman with her own place as too settled...i know there's a fine balance somewhere - but it's pretty obvious which end of the teeter totter i live on.

:D

I may have a different perspective on lots of things, so I'll spit out my bit. Take it as you may--I'm not looking for anyone to agree with me.

When I see/hear of a woman that is on her own, regardless of renting or purchasing an establishment, I automatically think of maturity and experience. The woman in question obviously knows what she wants and is willing to do what she has to, even if on her own, to get it. She is typically not swayed by others, can think on her own, and has her priorities straight, or straight enough to be able to accomplish what she needs to do.

As for renting vs. buying, when I see a female renting on her own, I typically think a strong woman who has found her niche, but still isn't ready to settle down yet. She may be headed in the right direction, but she isn't certain that the location is right. When I hear of a woman buying on her own, I typically think of longevity. She has found her spot, is comfortable with it, and knows she can get what she needs to sustain herself. A woman that owns her own place compared to renting is probably settled enough to not be prone to moving or changing her lifestyle.

Obviously, this is just in regard to housing. Personal mentality, or logic behind it, is not included in my personal opinions/vantage points. God knows why woman do certain things--I will never figure it out, nor will I ever attempt to even get a grasp on their logic, as it changes WAYYYY too much.

i agree with george here... pretty spot on

discuss...

To me it doesn't matter if she owns or rents, I see a strong independent woman. As George said, she knows what she wants and she'll go after it with all her will.

When I was in my old complex there was a single woman there who was pregnant, a few months before I moved out she'd had her baby and she was making it work for herself and the life she just created. I loved that about her, even though I knew nothing else about her. I look at her and I see what is right about American citizens... then I see my moronic neighbor and it makes me angry. (she was fairly useless and let her kids run around the entire complex without supervision)

You guys rock - thanks for the opinions!

That tells me that shes a no non-sense kinda person who can set goals and meet them. Also, that she would prally expect the same outa the ppl she associates with.

sweet -

very cool thank you for sharing!

To me it doesn't matter if she owns or rents, I see a strong independent woman. As George said, she knows what she wants and she'll go after it with all her will.

whew, to all of the above - i think when i asked this question i was scared i'd get a lot of indication that single women who have set themselves up have also set themselves apart from dateability - too concrete in their lifestyle. instead i'm reading a lot of respect, which is cool - my question for you guys now is, would anything keep you from dating a single woman who has her own place? like - is it a perk or just added hassle down the road, kind of thing?

I AM dating a woman who has her own place. She rents a house on her own, if that answers your question. :)

whew, to all of the above - i think when i asked this question i was scared i'd get a lot of indication that single women who have set themselves up have also set themselves apart from dateability - too concrete in their lifestyle. instead i'm reading a lot of respect, which is cool - my question for you guys now is, would anything keep you from dating a single woman who has her own place? like - is it a perk or just added hassle down the road, kind of thing?

For me, a woman with her own place wouldnt be anymore dateable than a woman that didnt. A woman with her own place would prally be more mature, and stimulating to be around versus a woman with room-mates, this is based off my personal experiences, Im not saying that its true in all cases. As for it being a hassle or perk, I wouldnt say it would really be either.

my question for you guys now is, would anything keep you from dating a single woman who has her own place? like - is it a perk or just added hassle down the road, kind of thing?

If she has a million cats and watches a lot of cartoons, I tend to lose interest...:ph34r:

Also, if she has been single for a long, long time, I will not be eating any vegetables that come out of her fridge.

Last edited:
Well, I personally would not date a woman..lol BUT if I was a guy...it would be a perk. Having her own place you don't have to worry about roommates, parents, ect. Always have somewhere to go and cook dinner if you don't want to go out to eat, watch a movie, and so on :ph34r::D

Back