no wonder why kids today can barely read...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You're missing the point on this one steve... it isn't about money.

It's about 'failure to launch'.

You live with your mom NOW, but you DIDNT for a long time. you went out, did your own thing, etc etc.

how do you know shes never left her parents house?

and celerity, i dont think you fall into that category since your mom lives with you..

how do you know shes never left her parents house?

and celerity, i dont think you fall into that category since your mom lives with you..

Really ? Tell that to a girl I might bring home. Yeah. That's hot.

I lived with my dad from age 19 to about 21, then again from 23 to 26. On my ventures around the world, I got myself into some financial hardships (many tens of thousands in debt). I may end up back at his house in a month or so if I lose my house which I'm trying to desperately keep.

You never know where life can take you, how bad things can get. How deep the hole is. You can never predict.

maybe shes soooo damn hardworking and money saving that shes with mommy temporaily??
so man factors play into this that nobody but she knows,but she doesnt have the chance to explain

Really ? Tell that to a girl I might bring home. Yeah. That's hot.

I lived with my dad from age 19 to about 21, then again from 23 to 26. On my ventures around the world, I got myself into some financial hardships (many tens of thousands in debt). I may end up back at his house in a month or so if I lose my house which I'm trying to desperately keep.
true.
i left my parents house a few weeks after i turned 18, never expected to be back.. but now im back again.
ive only been here for 2 weeks, and itll only be for another week or so.. but still.

maybe shes soooo damn hardworking and money saving that shes with mommy temporaily??
so man factors play into this that nobody but she knows,but she doesnt have the chance to explain

that is a good point, she could be stacking hella bank that your missing out on.
she could be a terrific person or wicked cool female.
you dont know, you shouldnt judge.
im beginning to agree with celerity.

I was gunna ask the same thing. Id like to think that her profile might clearify, or that maybe she was asked.
great minds think alike.
:D
although, i think you mean clarify..
unless youre just making up your own words now?
lol

Its fuzzy, but I left the parent's house at 17, moved back in for about 3 days at 18 or 19, then out for good. I don't plan on living with them ever again. And they have no reason to live with me. I don't get people living with their parents beyond any timeframe that is absolutely necessary.

I guess I'm an asshole. I could never date anyone who lived with their parents past 25 unless..

Family has med problems and needs 24/7 support.
Sold a house, in limbo looking for another place....
Or is still a full time student

Starting a business takes a lot, but if I didn't have enough money to start something up while being able to pay my rent or house note, I would never start something up.

Anyone can make great money, it's all in how you go about your life, I broke 60K a year before having a GED. Did I get lucky? no, I worked my ass off. B also makes great money, he also works his ass off just as hard as any other big # making guy. I believe we both feel the same way about people who make little money, it's not because they make less money, it's because we both know if they put enough effort into it, they could make something happen.

someone in their 30s that lives at home.. what does that scream to the assholes like me and B?

That person lacks drive.....

yup. exactly. Neither myself nor jeffie hold degrees. I'm a product of public school education. If i can do it, any one can. Maybe not in my field, but in another field that they are good at.

i used 2 vacation days last year when i went on that fishing trip. that's it. i called out sick a couple times, sure... but i at least worked for a little while from home, checking email etc.

I'm 28, and broke 6 figures this year... and then some. And i'm a college drop out.

work hard now, retire at 45. enjoy life until you're dead.

I agree.

You and Brian are the same.

My GF is also a snoody bitch, she works full time, goes to school full time, and still manages to pay her way. She's aiming to hit 70-80K in the next 2 years.

She also looks down on people who are living life to just make it by. Lots of people like making just enough money to pay what needs to be paid and then they "enjoy" their life like Celerity seems to be trying to point out.

As long as the bills are paid, they don't care and are "happy"

Lots of people like making just enough money to pay what needs to be paid and then they "enjoy" their life like Celerity seems to be trying to point out.

This is a perfect time to inject this article into the conversation. I had a mini epiphany reading this a few years back.

(You people better read it, I erased all my home bookmarks and restored my work bookmarks to my home system with Foxmarks just to be able to post the link. It's a multi-part article, but I linked only to part 2. Reading just part 2 is fine.)

My friend has to work 60 hours and week
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
lol

if you need to be treated for depression for working 60 hours, you have issues. I RARELY work less than 60 hours a week. more like never.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
lol

if you need to be treated for depression for working 60 hours, you have issues. I RARELY work less than 60 hours a week. more like never.

and barely ever sees her children..
did you stop reading after the 60 hours a week?
maybe thats why shes treated for depression.
a mother who never gets to see her kids?
mothers can be pretty fucked up in the head without that on their conscience.
you try birthing a human..

This is a perfect time to inject this article into the conversation. I had a mini epiphany reading this a few years back.

(You people better read it, I erased all my home bookmarks and restored my work bookmarks to my home system with Foxmarks just to be able to post the link. It's a multi-part article, but I linked only to part 2. Reading just part 2 is fine.)

i read all three parts.
good stuff.
it may help me in the future, but as of right now.. no.
im broke and dont have a job.
lol

Well, it's clear to me - of the two types of people out there, who I associate with.

And my ex made 70k, I've made between 70 and 150k a year, and never once took your shitty attitude towards others.

Prolly something to do with the way I was raised. Who knows ?

It anything, I am a poster child for how bad things can get - How quickly the house of cards can fall. How your riches and luck can - and likely will - run out.

You can continue to find your greedy bozos. They are out there. But if you want someone with a brain, someone who can navigate the rough waters of reality and life - Then you never will because you're a bozo.

Back