non vtec to vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vw_killer

how hard is it to change from non-vtec to vtec? in a 92 accord dx if it is not hard what do i need besides the head and the vtec ecu? did my search but didn't find much must not but searching the right place. anyways help please? i appreciate all of the help thanks guys.

i have the ecu and the head already for 135 what else would i need that would bring me to 500? besides that answer you gave me was not what i asked i just want to know what else would i need to complete vtec in a non vtec engine for example wire harness, sensors thats all i want to know thanks

no tude just context is lost in pc land

Last edited:
im not sure i'll check and get back to you if not how much do they run?
thanks is there anything else i would need and just so i don't go to all the trouble of taking this all apart, a 90-93 ex head will fit a 92 dx engine right?

im not sure i'll check and get back to you if not how much do they run?
thanks is there anything else i would need and just so i don't go to all the trouble of taking this all apart, a 90-93 ex head will fit a 92 dx engine right?

What motor did your head come from? You want a head from a 94+ EX Accord if you want VTEC. Either you have a VTEC head and you're confused about what motor it came off of, or the head you are planning on swapping isn't VTEC-equipped.

ok 1) my bad i wanted to say a 94-97 ex head not 90-93 (slightly retarded sorry) and 2) it was stripped and there was no vtec oil pressure switch, vtec solenoid, and it came with intake manifold. no harness do i need one? now where and how much can i get the solnoid and switch?:confused:

aight man , if your head looks like this you have a vtec head, you willl need a harness pressure switch and soliend, also ecu . The vtec needs to read the rpm, mph, tps,map, and coolant temp, to make it respond, i have a ecu vtec oil pressure switch and soliend, but no wiring harness, what year make and model of car you have and what series engine. and what do you mean when you say tranny too, are you automatic, then you would have a comp for that but it shouldnt matter about vtec, if your 5 speed than what are you talking about

Attachments

• heads001.jpg
    heads001.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 521
  • heads002.jpg
    heads002.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 420
  • heads003.jpg
    heads003.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 506
  • heads004.jpg
    heads004.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 368
  • heads005.jpg
    heads005.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 396
i have the ecu and head i need the switch,solenoid,and harness. i heard i might need the intake manifold is that true or can i use the old one on my f22a1 dx engine? i have a 5 spd so i won't worry about the tranny

harness will run you 125-175
vtec switch i have it , selling for 50, they cost 349 brand new, i have a intake manifold w/ air plenuim, ill take 20 for that, i have pics of the items, and you will need the manifold, you know you might want to see if your ecu(new) will plug in to your car after swap before replacing harness

good luck finding one . i looked for 2 hours, and all i could come up with was harness for automaitcs, search the web is all i can tell you !! have you tried to plug your ecu up to the car yet, you might want to, see if plugs are the same , you might need to get conv ecu harness, obd-obd1.

im going through the same thing right now, trying to get h23dohc non vtec heads on a f22 soch that came vtec, also you might want to get that harness before you start anything , if i couldnt find it , must be hard to come by, oh, i found a motor for 200 that included the harness, but thats alot of work just for the harness.

ok thanks, but how do you know a price if you can't even find one ?

i have purchased wiring harness before in the past, i paid 125. i have seen them for about 200 at most , that was a guess of what the harness will cost . i have a honda tech that i know he could get it but if you are sure you want it , let me know and i'm sure he could it (at cost).so let me know. email me at hondaburner95@comcast.net

also it looks like it comes with the vtec solenoid. to finish your project without have to use the other intake you got

Hello, I’m new the forum and I have a question. Perhaps someone could help me. I have a ’92 Honda civic hutch DX. 1.5 non v-tech. I need a new engine cuz’ the one I have is taking a shit. Now, I want to upgrade to a new engine. I have in mind a B16 second generation or a B18 GRS. What would I have to purchase in order to make this swap? (besides the engine).

Back