Noob Needs help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have 1990 Honda Civic SI and I need to pull the entire interior from the car from the B pilars back. The reason why I am doing this is because I have some major body work to do around the rear wheel wells and would like to avoid torching the interior when I weld on new arches. Any advice on the best way to remove the panels as well as how to remove the panel from the roof. I'll post some pics later of what the car is like now and when it is done.

Thanx any help would be great.

Without having the car infront of me it's kind of hard to give you a step-by-step process of how to remove all the interior. But a few tips are start at one end and look for any screws, clips, bolts that might fasten the panel and then try to pull out on the trim. There will be white clips on the backside of the panel that are pushed into holes holding it into place. Hope this helps otherwise ill go out tomorrow morning and look at my roomies hatch.

you shouldnt have to remove the whole interior to do that....ive welded on countless wheel arches without removing any interior to do so....otherwise tho look for all the screws u can find then just start tugging gently and the clips should start popping off. but be prepared to buy some new clips cause some will break

Thanks for the tips. I'll go slow and see how it goes. The work being done on it is going to be pretty extensive. I was rear ended recently so the the whole bumper assembly is going as well. the car wil most likely be in the shop for a month and a half. I figured I'd do all the rust at once. Living in Canada it can get pretty bad.

I have the back lower half of the interior removed from the B-piller back and the work is going to be extensive I think for the rust repair. I can see clear through in about 4 spots around the fenders and the rear bumper supports are also pretty much shot.

Just a little tip. No matter what...when you are done you will have left over screws so dont worry about it. Take your time and group everything in piles where you got it from.

Back