Oakleys...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well i can understand. i was out of work/school for a month. when i came back to work my boss was like "sorry but we had to replace you, but i am going to go into the back room and if you wanna take something, i cant prove anything." so i went for the $400 pair of glasses. super cool boss, shitty job.

ha thats awesome... i would like a boss like that lol

I have some oakley gas cans and canteens. I also have maui jims and a few pairs of smiths. Smiths can be had very cheaply sometimes and are a great value. Maui's are very spendy but are the best quality. Oakley is ok. I also have the above shoot ones for the range my best friend gave me when he got back from the "sandbox".

I have a astigmatism so I spend serious money on shades because cheap ones don't do it for me.

There was a local shop selling real oakleys with manufacturing defects for 10 bucks each. I purchased 2 pairs. One looked perfect, the other was marred a little on the inside of the arm. Gave that pair away and kept the other. They lasted me 2 years and put up with all kinds of abuse.. Then I jumped off of a ski boat with them on and they are now chilling at the bottom of a lake. Great glasses, best I've ever owned. But I'm not going to put real money into another pair.. I might jump into another lake!

Electric = awesome. I have the Bam signature from this year and they make colors look brighter and details look clearer. It's odd that they enhance your eyesight. I suppose that's waht good glasses are supposed to do...

I like my Ray Ban glasses. I can't find them at the moment though.....

Expensive sunglasses are stupid, as long as you can find quality lenses. The glass makes the glasses.

I like my Ray Ban glasses. I can't find them at the moment though.....

Expensive sunglasses are stupid, as long as you can find quality lenses. The glass makes the glasses.

That is the problem. It is very hard to find really high quality lenses in cheap sun glasses.

My input? sure. get em. I wear prescription sunglasses, so I can't buy cool shit like that.

My input? sure. get em. I wear prescription sunglasses, so I can't buy cool shit like that.

Yeah you can, lots of sunglasses can be bought with RX lenses. Just gotta pay the price....

um no. Try telling that to someone like myself who gets migraines, cheap poor fitting sun glasses can easily cause head aches for me.

My titanium whiskers were around 275 they're feather light, hold ZERO heat, so if its sitting in the car at 100o all day with the windows up I can easily stick them on and feel nothing. best part about it is it feels like I'm not wearing any glasses at all.

I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on a 2nd pair of titanium whiskers to leave in Linhs car so I went with the non titanium frame at more then half the cost, I think 125? It's the same thing just added wight/metal
In the winter or summer I have to first place them around my leg to warm/cool them after wearing them for awhile they will leave marks on my nose from the weight, thankfully the weight sits pretty well so it doesn't cause headaches, something I first worried about.

Hands down the titanium ones are better and if I only had 1 pair I would spend the extra money, well worth it IMO.

from time to time I'm able to find cheap glasses that dont cause any head aches, I love those for motorcycles. I drop them left and right, step on them scratch the hell outta them, who cares, only 10-15 bucks. plastic light weight frames that snap around the lens (happens all the time) who cares, throw them away and move to the next pair.

Also, the Oakleys with their ruby whatever the hell scratch resistant coating are damn near bullet proof. I dropped them on many a sidewalk and roadway, and they never scratched. Even dropped them off the back of the bleachers at a football game. Not to say you CANT scratch them, but they are super resilient when compared to cheap sunglasses.

awesome... i think im gonna buy some of the custom ones from them i think they look kind of like the ducati ones without the price of the name

Yeah you can, lots of sunglasses can be bought with RX lenses. Just gotta pay the price....

um no. Try telling that to someone like myself who gets migraines, cheap poor fitting sun glasses can easily cause head aches for me.

My titanium whiskers were around 275 they're feather light, hold ZERO heat, so if its sitting in the car at 100o all day with the windows up I can easily stick them on and feel nothing. best part about it is it feels like I'm not wearing any glasses at all.

I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on a 2nd pair of titanium whiskers to leave in Linhs car so I went with the non titanium frame at more then half the cost, I think 125? It's the same thing just added wight/metal
In the winter or summer I have to first place them around my leg to warm/cool them after wearing them for awhile they will leave marks on my nose from the weight, thankfully the weight sits pretty well so it doesn't cause headaches, something I first worried about.

Hands down the titanium ones are better and if I only had 1 pair I would spend the extra money, well worth it IMO.

from time to time I'm able to find cheap glasses that dont cause any head aches, I love those for motorcycles. I drop them left and right, step on them scratch the hell outta them, who cares, only 10-15 bucks. plastic light weight frames that snap around the lens (happens all the time) who cares, throw them away and move to the next pair.

I couldn't agree more.....Next pair for me is the Jawbones. Two sets of lenses and durable.

oddly enough this just came up on Slickdeals.net

Oakley Sunglasses: A WIRE $79, Titanium Whisker $89 + S/H - Slickdeals.net

Oakley Vault has a couple of styles of sunglasses marked down substancially. Shipping is $3.91. Thanks eunanhendron

no clue how long this deal will last... so if anyone wants something from there id suggest jumping on it

oakleys rule. i have had my juliets for 5 years now and still no problems with them. I also have a pair of half-jackets i use for safety glasses. best money i have spend on sunglasses

Oakley will custom make prescription lenses for just about all their frames.

dont the juliets give you a headache? thats why i stopped wearing mine.

Mine have been great the last 9 years. Had a pair of XXs too- lost them at the beach under a HUGE wave. I think I might buy another pair. I don't lose sunglasses, so spending on a really bulletproof set is a good deal to me.

Back