1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

obama sucks

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Briansol, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

2. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

It is a legitimate problem. However, the answer isn't to put more money in the insurance companies' pockets - healthcare should not be prohibitively expensive as it is now.

3. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Socialized medicine will benefit those who are young, healthy & 20 years south of 50. The problem will be for the "baby boomers" when they retire en-masse and require major types of treatment.

Major types of treatment (aka hip/knee replacement) are expensive. Those types of care will definitely be rationed under a social medicinal system.

inb4flyingtoindia4healthcare

4. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

you think going to a doctor or ER is bad now?
    if this goes through, there will be much more death in the waiting room of ER's.

everytime i have been to the ER, i usually have to wait about 3 to 4 hours min.
    with this, people will be there for days.

you think doctors give shit service now? wait until they are paid for every patient by medicaid rates.
    this means that doctor pay will be cut dramatically. therefore, they are less likely to give a shit about you being on government health care, but, that may mean that privately insured patients will get preferred treatment, but like that article said, a lot of those companies will be shutdown because they wont be able to compete.

which leads me to question if that is what obama is after, to own the whole market of health care, he already has the banks and automotive sectors.

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

6. Cashizslick

There is already a shortage of doctors . . . . social medicine will create more incentives for smart people to stay away from the medical field. There will be an even greater shortage of doctors in 10 years than there is now. . . .In other words, social medicine creates its own costs nobody is talking about right now.

7. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

thats why i love the fact that i have my own insurance. i will pull out my medical card and walk to the front of the line.

the shitty part is, i pay for insurance at work and will have to pay for the poor/disabled/lazy. but my care will be 45123461 higher quality. the hospital will know it can get paid sooner and more efficiently knowing they arent' going to bill the government.

8. Cashizslick

^ Word.

Obama's line "If you have a plan you like, you can keep it" is utter bullshit. People who have their own plans they already like will now be paying 2wice as much for insurance . . . once for themselves . . . .and once for people like me who don't have any.

This is the same as socialized education. Parents who send their kids to private (at the cost of tuition) school pay taxes that maintain public schools as well. If Obama did not want all of us using social medicine, he would allow a dollar for dollar tax credit for your current insurance premiums.

9. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

im going to find a nice HUGE piece of empty land, and just start living there.
    no taxes
    no insurance.
    no job

i'll probably be dead within a year or so, but at least i will successfully cut out the outside world and not support lazy nasty pieces of shit.

god i hate people.

1 person likes this.
  10. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

He really said that it was healthcares fault that GM went under? No mention of the Unions? Excellent.....

What happened to having true open debates on these kinds of issues? I mean seriously, we have a President simply dictating what is going to be done and no one says a word about it. The whole system is completely broken. We have the Democrates who are drunk with there own power and a Republican party that lost its way long ago and little chance of gaining any kind of leadership any time soon. This is just flat out stupid.

11. Cashizslick

It was healthcare . . . the decision of gm exec's that allowed the union to get exorbitant healthcare benefits . . . that sucked money from gm & helped cause the collapse.

12. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

hes not going to throw the unions under the bus... hes in bed with the unions

hell thats why this whole thing had to be done this way instead of just letting them file for bankruptcy 9 months ago... the government had to get involved, so they could broker the terms of the bankruptcy and protect the union interests

13. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

I don't think it was so much a decision as it was strong arm gun to your head kind of tactics.

Another point that irks me is the fact that so many people take everything they read/see/hear at face value. It seems to me this isn't the case for most of us on Hondaswap though. Obama says health care and I hear union. A large portion of the population cannot be bothered to look at big picture. Its always the corporations fault, the CEO's, the private industry.

Also how did we go from the Government being the most horrible corrupt entity on the planet 9 months ago (Bush) to the Government having all of the answers (Obama). When he has broken just about every promise he has mad, lobbyist's are in the White House, tax cheats are now the heads of BoO (Bank of Obama) and the waters are just as murky as far as access to information as it was when Bush was in the big chair.

They call Republicans fear mongers yet we have the talking heads all programmed to tell the people that we absolutely must spend trillions of dollars to bail out the banks and big 3 else we face sky high unemployment and the end of life as we know it. The people say no and Washington carries on without batting an eye. And now look at where we are at. China owns us, we have almost zero privately owned auto companies and unemployment is higher than their worst cast estimate from 4 months ago. I understand that things would have been worse if this would have all hit at once but if they would have put a package together and explained that we are going to float some folks along to even out the downward spiral it would be different. But we where told that things would get better once we passed TARP, once we 'helped' the banks that lending would open back up. Nothing of these things have happened.

And now we have moved right along to saving the health care industry. What in the hell are we doing? We haven't fixed a single lender or car company yet they are strong arming doctors? Talk about ADD.

14. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

the article mentioned something about adding a cap to how much a patient can sue a doctor.

i totally agree on the situation and ive spoken to many physicians and they are strongly bitter about their malpractice insurance. ive heard of up to around 20-30% of their salary and thats before taxes. and the saying goes "if youre a doctor, youre going to get sued at least once during your practice."

i mean there are legitate cases like insurance fraud or operating without certification or along those lines, but if a guy is trying to save your life with 110% effort and with his better judgement and you sue him for $10 million because he added "extra unnecssory" procautionary procedures, then you deserve to die.

15. Cashizslick

Half of malpractice claims come from suits with no basis whatsoever. Patients sue for things like "xray visible" plates, pins, etc. Stupid shit.

16. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

17. Briansol

why didn't we elect him again?

RP FTW

18. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

well, you still have 7 more years of obama. start looking for a republican replacement of ron paul.

an no, sarah palin is not the answer.

19. Briansol

7? more like 3. no way he gets re-elected.

1 person likes this.
  20. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

We said that about Bush too.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted