OBD Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that is correct it is the temp sensor for the dash. The one that the ecu and fan uses is a two wire connector.

well bump for a old post. so i ordered my OBD1 Engine which was the wrong one which i learned the day that it got here.

So my car is wired for OBD0 has a PR3 ECU, it might have been converted with jumpers to the OBD1. the distributor on the new one looks different then the old one on my engine. is there anyway that i can tell if it has the jumpers or not?

And if i need to buy jumpers to get the OBD1 engine to work what ones do i need? and do i have to buy a new ECU or can i use my old PR3 ECU?

I think you can just transfer all the OBD0 stuff over to the OBD1 engine and run the PR3 ECU.

Idk though, I don't know the B-series engines very well.

so what would i need to switch over?

The Distributor, IAC, the Injectors that are hooked up are currently obd1 (you can see it above in a pic). anything else?

Do you still have the intake manifold off of the blown motor?

I think you use the intake manifold off of the old motor and the dizzy off of the old motor aswell.

If you do that everythink should be plug and play.

But keep in mind I don't know the B-series engines very well. Wait until someone else comments on this page before you start changing things.

Do you still have the intake manifold off of the blown motor?

I think you use the intake manifold off of the old motor and the dizzy off of the old motor aswell.

If you do that everythink should be plug and play.

But keep in mind I don't know the B-series engines very well. Wait until someone else comments on this page before you start changing things.

yeah i have everything off the old engine.

the main thing im concerned about is the compression on the new b16 its running 10.4:1 compression the old engine is if it was a obd0 b16a should be 10.2:1 compression. is the ECU gonna see that or will it be running lean? or does that factor into the equation.

oh also a update on the damage this one made me laugh.

so we disconnected the header from the cat and look what came out.

l_7692a9f0de324b37977c9333a7eb56eb.jpg

Swap the OBD0 dizzy, injectors and O2 onto the OBDI, and you may have to lenghten the MAP sensor wires to reach from the fire wall to the TB.

Back