1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

obd1 b18a1 into 95 civic

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 95eg8, Feb 25, 2011.

1. 95eg8

95eg8 New Member

i am new to b series swaps i have searched around not sure exactly what needs to be done but heres what i have

b18a1 out of 93 teg which is obd1 with intake and exhaust and all sensors dizzy and alternator fuel rail injectors
    shift linkage from 93... do i need 94 teg linkage?
    mounts from 93... do i need 94 teg mounts?
    manual ecu from 93 teg... need 94 ecu?
    clutch that was just replaced b4 the teg was wrecked... do i need 94 clutch?
    i have the b18a1 wire harness as well but told to use my stock single cam harness because the 93 teg has a cable for the speed sensor and mine is electrical... can i use my single cam harness?

im getting a hydro tranny tomorrow out of a 94 teg and the guy may have more parts if i need them but want to know if i need to buy the 94 stuff for sure or not dont want to waste money buyin stuff i dont need.

thanks in advance for any help and if anyone knows of a step by step article somewere i would appretiate the link i plan on starting the swap tomorrow when i get off work so i have all weekend to get it done :D

2. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

Yes you will need the 94-95 teg linkage, and mounts the clutch I believe will not work between a cable trans and the hydro trans.. The ecu will work and yes use your stock harness, you will just have to extend a few wires. Just put it on before you put the motor in and it will be easy to extend them...

3. 95eg8

95eg8 New Member

i checked with autozone and the clutch for the 93 and 94 is the same now i have everything i should need except i have one more question.

i have heard that i cannon use the post mount from the a1 i have to get it from a b1 and i can use my motor mount from my eg (wich i checked with autozone and the 95 civic d series driver side motor mount is the same as 94 integra) can i just use the a1 post mount with the a1 motorr mount? anyone done this before?

4. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

If you are referring to the rear T bracket then you will need to use one from a 94-95 integra...

5. 95eg8

95eg8 New Member

no im talking about the post mount bracket which is the motor mount bracket that bolts to the driver side of the block that the motor mount bolts onto i compared the 2 T-brackets and the one i got with the motor out of the 93 is the same as the one i found off a 94 so i guess im just going to get the tranny mount and put it in thanks for the help

6. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

Oh ok then yeah you will need the one from a b1 on that mount..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted