OBD1 P72 ECU on H22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay, I have a H22a1 swapped into my accord. I was wondering if it will be possible to run a JDM OBD1 P72 ECU on my car. Currently, I'm running on a friend's ECU right now. He want it back, and I have a P72 on hand. So I want to know if it will work. I want to use the P72 on my H22a.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Dec 5 2004, 06:34 PM
Socket the P72 and tune it with something, and yes. It will run lean with stock GSR fuel maps.
[post=426660]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, have that P72 chipped, and you can run the H22 maps.

The P72 has IAB and a knock board already. Check out PGMFI.org, or look for a place to chip the ECU for you. I don't suggest you do it yourself. A P72 isn't cheap to replace, and the work can be done for fairly cheap.

Definitely. Some may argue that this is the BEST ECU for that application. I have had troubles with false Knock Sensor codes in the past, so that is why the P72 is not my choice.

That, and the P72 is harder to find for cheap. The P72 and the P28 are two of the most widely supported ECU's out there. The P13 is a good ECU, but does not have the product support.

Just disable the KS in whatever ECU you are using(if applicable) the Honda KS is a piece of shit anyways.

Well, the P28 doesn't have knock or IAB, so I have to add IAB.

But since he already has a P72, he's golden. For someone with neither, a P72 is more expensive than a P28.

I paid 160 plus shipping for my P13. In retrospect, I should have bought a P28 socketed and chipped with P13 maps. It's about the same price, and I wouldn't have had to mess with my knock sensor so much, and I would have been that much closer to Uberdata. ;)

my friend has Accord aerodeck with h22a swapped in with auto tranny. it has p13 jdm ecu for now and external TCS (ecu code is:
37820-P13-N50
553 J-AT)

i want to run p28 with added itb with that engine, but when i pluged in my socketed p28 auto tranny trow a code and allow to drive on 1st and 2nd gear only.

what i have to do to run that engine with my P28 (i am almost sure it's possible =))

p72 is the best ecu for the application. I currently am running one right now in my h22 swapped accord. but without something to alter the fuel maps its not any good due to a lack of fuel when vtec engages which results in a serious bog. I am using an apexi vafc2 to tune the fuel maps with and have left them alone other than upping the fuel at vtec engagement point. also vtec engages at 4500 rpm on the p72 ecu which the h22 is not meant to do the h22 is setup cam wise to engage at 5200 rpmso in turn if u do not up the vtec engagemnt u risk losing power sue to the cams not being desinged to make power in vtec at that rpm. This is also why i opted for the vafc so i could change this as well. Obviously if u go hondata u will be able to do this anyway. Oh and tfor the record the h22 is more powerful on the leaner p72 fuel maps for sure

Back