obd2 wiring harness or eg ex civic harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cooper

i have a 93 civic ex and also a 01 obd2 gsr motor. the motor is already bolted in and ready to be wired. should i use the stock ex p28 ecu or use the obd2 p72 ecu that came with the motor. do i need to use the obd2 gsr wire harness or is there a way to make the ex harness work.

The 01 GSR engine harness will plug right in.

You will however need to add:
Knock Sensor wires
IAB wires
Tach wire (factory tach will not work)

Now, you have to ask yourself?

Do I want IAB control?
Yes= P72 OBD1 ecu
No= P28 OBD1 ecu converted to DOHC specs

Okay, I am doing something similiar to my 95 civic sedan. I have a 99 USDM B18C1 Engine, S80 Tranny, and the OBD2 ECU (dunno yet what model). Do i need to purchase a OBD1 GSR ECU? and what model should I get? I want the motor all stock (xcpt for normal bolt-ons). Does anyone have one that I could buy? Mahalo!

okay, stupid question, BUT what is a IAB? I am pretty new to the whole motor swap between different gens. Thanks!

secondary intake air butterflies in the GSR intake manifold.

Thanks sol, Keep me in mind since I just got my engine, trans, axles, and the wire harness from that donor car. The guy who I am buying it from didnt have the OBD2 ECU so I dont know what model I have but, if anyone wants to swap OBD2 for a OBD1, I am game!!:D

Check the date on the thread, man. Just start a new one.

Back