1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OBDII 97 EK swap to B18B1 non-vtec

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by bfraley, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Xanatos

Xanatos Village Idiot VIP

Always enjoy getting updates on older builds glad it's still running. Shows when done correctly a swapped car can in fact be a reliable car.

2. bfraley

bfraley Active Member

Another update: So I had climate blower issues that eventually burned out the blower speed control resistor pack in the climate control panel. Replaced the blower. Pulled the climate control panel and the blower speed control was toast. The car harness connector was melted as well. Visited the local salvage yard and cut off a connector from a junk harness. Soldered the new harness connector into place and used heat shrink to insulate the newly soldered joints. Also picked up a salvage climate control unit as the original was melted. I installed a new Honda blower speed control for the the used climate unit and installed. All works well and the hatch is running great.

Hatch sat over the winter and when I cranked it up this week, fired the first time not problem. However, the windshield washer pump appears to have gone bad on me. The rear washer pump is fine.

Matts96HB likes this.
  3. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

This thread continues to deliver. Glad to hear the car is running well, and thank you for continually coming back to share!

4. dendroidking

dendroidking New Member

Looks like a pretty nice little project! :thumbsup:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted