OBX exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastCRX

I want to know if OBX cat-back exhausts are any good. My friend just bought one for his CRX and I was just curious to see what you guys think of them. I am a Thermal exhaust man myself. Thanks.

i'm with these guys, stay away from OBX if you care about performance.

no way, even there shit that isn't for power ,but for looks breaks.

i bouhgt one of there short throw shifters made of "high quality air craft aluminum" after having it about six months i went to shift into second, i was driving normal, and the fucker snapped in half. about three inches below the shft knob.

and my friend bought one about 2 months ago for his crx, and hs broke in the same spot, last week.

yeah really high quality "aircraft" aluminum.

HAHAHAHAAH! Nice responses. I can't wait to tell my friend he bought a shitty exhaust. Maybe when he is driving down the road his exhaust will snap in half.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 17 2003, 12:22 PM
obx has nice seats tho

I would NOT trust my life to a seat made by OBX. Only buy quality seats... they're worth the extra cash.

hogwash. You guys blame OBX for being a bad company. Half of these companies buy their shit from the same sweatshop. I bet fucking OBX and like 5 other seat companies get their shit from the same factory. Half the people will say OBX is shit and like Tenzo R is great, other half will be backwards. In reality they are the same thing.

Recaro seats for 700-1000$ a piece? fuck that. Yea you get a nice seat, but what the shit, thats way too much when you can get like the same thing for 300

but I do agree, many of their products are complete shit. That shiftknob that breaks in half.... thats pretty bad. You could make a wooden shiftknob out of a piece of 4x4 that wouldn't break in half.

tenzo R and OBX very well might be made by the same company
and they both suck ass

recaro seats are not even close to the same thing as tenzo or OBX ..... they might look similar but thats where it ends

there is this thing called QUALITY
some people give a fuck about it and aparently some people dont

if your putting racing seats in your car cuz they look cool then by all means get the cheapest piece of shit you want.... but dont be suprised when the color fades, the padding gets worn out, the fabric wears out, they become the most uncomfortable / non supportive seat youve ever sat in

now if you are actually upgrading the seat because you want something lightweight, comfortable, supportive, safer.... then up the cash for a quality seat... Recaro, Sparco, Bride, Kirkey, Corbeau are all very good seats with great quality and one of those will fit into just about any budget

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 17 2003, 01:04 PM
Half the people will say OBX is shit and like Tenzo R is great, other half will be backwards. In reality they are the same thing.

They're both crap.

it was an example. "like..."

and I'd probably be buying a racing seat to hold me in place better, as well as spice up the interior a bit. But for a seat, I'm sorry, I'd rather buy the less expensive one that does the same job as the expensive one, and put the extra money towards something that matters

and the reason I said OBX has decent seats is because I sat in them installed. They were comfortable, of acceptable material quality, and had far superior lateral holding power than a stock unit (as far as I could tell). So whats wrong with that? I should spend and extra 500 bucks so my seat says "sparco" at the top? hmm, new turbo.. cloth lettering... new turbo... cloth lettering. k.

Back