OBX exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

use any example you want .....
OBX
DAD
Ractive
Tenzo R
APC
R1 Racing
V-Racing
Zero 1 Racing
Procar

take your pic
they are all shitty second rate seats

the frames are weak and break easily
the padding is weak and breaks down or flattens out quickly
the fabric fades very quickly
the fabric wears out very quickly

OH NO MY FABRIC!!!! that will surely take away from the funtionality of the seat. At least after someone loses a race to me they can come up and rag on me about how my shitty seat is faded and their recaro theif magnet is perfect.

I don't give a fuck about fabric... but if an aftermarket seat decides to collapse on me, or become unsupportive after a few thousand miles- it sure as hell isn't worth the cash. I'll stick to my Corbeaus.

no but the worn and flattened out padding might effect its functionality
the broken frame due to the weak ass cheesy welds might effect the functionality
the fading and worn out edges just looks like ass.... your the one that said part of why you wanted them was to "spice up the interior"

personally i dont give a fuck ... if your that hell bent on buying cheap low quality shit... then go ahead buy it... youll be replacing them soon enough... maybe then youll decide that quality means something

more power to you then man. I'm just saying I don't think they are built cheap enough to fuckin collapse. They are CAR seats. They have to pass saftey regulataions. I have never heard of a properly installed seat "collapsing" or failing in an accident. That is just bullshit.

and I know all about quality. I know where it belongs, and when to not worry about it in the best interest of my bank account. Sort of like knowing to buy my replacement gas cap at VIP, and to buy my new axle from NAPA. It's just common sense.

well I haven't, but in any case, that is a lawsuit on a platter. And just to clarify, If I had plenty o money I would buy some corebeau's or recaro's. I just don't, so a slightly cheaper seat is the intersection on a cost vs. quality graph.

And show me an example of a seat breaking in a wreck, I'll believe it then, and won't even think of buying that seat.

trying to end the argument and do something constructive :p

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 17 2003, 02:23 PM
trying to end the argument and do something constructive :p

That's fine, and I knew you would ask for a picture... but I don't have one. Start asking around, and I'm sure you'll find one soon enough.

If you have the cash to buy Tenzo-R seats, get Corbeaus. They're not really that much more expensive, and you know you're getting good quality parts.

About the law suit waitng to happen, do you really want to risk being fucked up for the rest of your life trying to make a few bucks in a law suit? Its not worth it to me.

Originally posted by jeff@Jul 17 2003, 11:05 PM
About the law suit waitng to happen, do you really want to risk being fucked up for the rest of your life trying to make a few bucks in a law suit? Its not worth it to me.

that and who knows if the seats are even legal for street use .... more than half the shit those companies make is "for off road use only" or "check with local laws"
chances are youd get fucked up and be shit out of luck cuz you shouldnt have had them installed on a street car anyway

My freind Just put some DAD seats in his Teg. He has not had them in there one week and already they are starting to squeak.

listen to 2FastCRX, corbeaus are NICE seats and there are some that are not that expensive. Also, if you want the Racing seat "Look and feel" Look at some Sol seats if you have a CRX or a EG.

those little things that say "for off road use only" are bullshit. Just like the signs that say "at your own risk". It doesn't matter if they put that, if it is OBVIOUS that they will be used in a real car.

And obviously I'm not going to buy a seat just to test out and see if I can get fucked up and bring a lawsuit. lol

im just saying thats their way of covering their ass.... either saying "for off road use only" or "check with local laws" means they can not be held responsible if anthing happens, they told you from the get-go that its "jus fer dek-rashun" :woo:
the same as when a road is under construction and has a sign saying "pass at own risk" that means if you fuck your car up in any way the town/city/state is not responsible...
most people dont know it but if you damage your car on a pothole or whatever that has been reported to the city, they have to pay for the repair of your car

yea, a woman i work with ran over a big pothole on the freeway and all 4 rims on her 2000 celica gt-s were bent. she called the city and they reimbursed her for new ones. she got some motegi 17"s...and they are even nicer than the stock wheels she had.

So, Calesta when are you going to show us some proof on this only buy big name seats and pay the big bucks for them?

And are momo cheap seats? You didn't list them as good or bad.

momo is good

you dont have to "pay the big bucks" to get a good seat.... corbeau seats are very affordable and are excelent quality

true. you dont have to spend big bucks to get good seats. there are the corbeau forzas that sell for around $220 and the sparco sprints that also sell for that much.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jul 18 2003, 12:34 AM
So, Calesta when are you going to show us some proof on this only buy big name seats and pay the big bucks for them?

And are momo cheap seats? You didn't list them as good or bad.

I posted pictures of all my Corbeau seats a LONG time ago. They're out there. Go look. I didn't pay an arm and a leg for them either. You just have to know where to buy stuff from.

Gabe is right- You can get good quality seats for not too much. I bought the Corbeau Forza that's in the CRX for only $105 plus tax, brand new.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 18 2003, 02:22 AM
Gabe is right- You can get good quality seats for not too much. I bought the Corbeau Forza that's in the CRX for only $105 plus tax, brand new.

haha, i sat in that seat tonight. nice nice seat.

Back