odds and ins

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shortbusrebel07

ok fellas someone that has done the B16A sir1 swap into an 89 DX hatch please help me out. i have a few quick questions:

1. besides the complete swap kit what other misc stuff did you have to purchase to complete the swap?

2. about how much extra did all the misc stuff cost ?

3. im a little pressed for time can the swap be done over a friday, saturday, and sunday or will it take longer ?

thanks fellas

BTW, for the ENGLISH speaking people around here it's supposed to be "ODDS AND ENDS". Since you seem to be fluent in Engrish, I won't change the topic header for you.

For my answer:

You will need the complete swap(engine, tranny, ecu), plus the following if not included:

90-93 Integra Axles
90-93 Integra 5 speed rear motor bracket (not the rubber mount, the C shaped bracket)
Custom Motor Mounts (Hasport, Place Racing, HPC, AzFab)
Custom shift Linkage
90-93 Integra Radiator Hoses with clamps
Patched wiring harness, or add in harness from HaSport

I THINK that should be it, but it's late at night, so who knows. ;)

why wont the axle that comes with the swap work ? and also the transmission that comes with the motor is a 4 speed cable tranny. that is what i have right now. i know about the HASport motor mounts. what do you mean by custom shift linkage ? will i have to have one made ? or what ?

i think its a 5 speed tranny that comes with the b16a and for your other questions got to hasport.com

Originally posted by shortbusrebel07@Jul 28 2003, 01:37 AM
when you get the swap from hmotorsonline they give a choice of cable tranny's (Y1, S1, J1)

And all of those are close ratio 5 speed transmissions.

hmmmm damn it so then what do i need to go from a 4 speed to a 5 speed ? this is starting to suck. already im up to $599 for the shift linkage and motor mounts i still dont know how much for new axles...it still baffles me why i need them to begin with and why i cant use the ones that come with the swap

dont worry bro..you can try the axles but i dont know if they will work..i got some axles from place racing and they work.yes you can do the swap over a weekend(if you got all the parts and tools that you will need) you got the mounts and shift linkage?was your car automatic?cuz why are you worrying about changing 4 speed to 5 speed..you dont need to worry about that.look for some sites that talk about doing swaps for your car

my car is a 4 speed manual...if the tranny that comes with the motor is a 5 speed id like to use that because i miss that 5th gear on the highway so i need to know what is involved to switch from a 4 speed to the 5 speed.

The only diffenence in a 4 speed manual and 5 speed manual car IS the transmission. The linkage will work for either a 4 or 5 speed car as long as they are both manual trannies. There is no difference in the car itself.

Calm yourself, you are worrying WAY too much.

Back