Of all the luck.....Project Reno

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Find a shop in town, not the dealer. 91 Civics aren't rocket science.

P.S. in Colorado I did all my car work at night behind the dumpster in the parking lot :)

I've been asking around and nobody seems to know of any reputable shops in the area that could do the work...We have a night monitor that drives around the complex in a golf cart...so I can't work on it at night

I just wish that I had the time to get it running without sending it to some place...But I need the car for this weekend cuz work is sending me for "Divirsity Training" in Sacramento--about an hour and a half from me...

Welp...Walter just buzzed me. He took the car to a Honda Stealership...paid the $90 dianogstic fee...and they just called him back.

The problem they said was the dizzy...it burned itself up, and it leaked...repeat...leaked oil into the #1 cylinder. :blink:

How can a dizzy leak oil into a damn cylinder????

And they want $950+ to fix it.......

the dizzy was the stock dizzy, with a new rotor and cap, and when I had it apart...there was nothing wrong with it. I had it timed to the middle hash mark on the crankgear, at 750 RPM's, and the plug under the dash shorted out.....timing was dead on.

If anyone know anyone in Reno...or Nevada...please have them contact Walter....somehow.

glad to hear he at least *made* it there...

good luck Walter

also, how can a distributor leak oil into the cylinder without exploding and shooting shrapnel through the head?

SOMEONE CALL MYBUSTERS!......meanwhile, I'll call BS

OOOHHH the Trans-null mogrifier. I've had that happen to me.

Sounds more like a cam seal went bad.

that makes no sense since the distributor isnt connected anywhere near the cylinder, its bolted onto the had and "plugs" into the cam.

Beats the shit out of me...Other than this dealership, nobody wanted to even look at it. All I know is the lady told me that when they looked at it, the distributor housing had burnt itself out, and the spark plug and cylinder were saturated in oil.

I don't have much choice other than to get it fixed there, so I am just gunna pay it and have them fix it...

Dude... A distributor is $100 and takes 3 minutes to swap... Don't let the stealership rape you... At least do that first... Then figure out why the plug is covered in oil...

EDIT: Yes I know they don't allow repairs in your apartment... Do it at a damn grocery store if you have to... Like I said... 3 minutes...

$949.47 and I got my car back...

On a brighter side, when they looked at my car and heard that the rebuild was not done by a dealership, they were getting ready to tear it apart and find all kinds of problems. It actually turned out that when I was picking up the car, the guy who worked on it said that he was suprised he didnt' find any other issues with the car, which is rare since it seems "Most people around here think they know what they are doing and come back to us and have us fix their errors".

Kudos to everyone that helped me with this...

word...

i paid $410 for a new distributor for the mirage almost 2 months ago. had to. i picked up 2 from the j/y and they werent internally coiled. wtf? right. since my mirage is a cali car its got slightly different electronics. a fucking distributor with an internal coil :cry:

They were still doing Cali cars that year ? Interesting.

On another note, that Z looks terrible for that money. There are FAR better examples of them out there. And what the fuck... RUST ?!

uhm... whats that new avatar you got going on there sport?

and $1K for a dizzy? you gotta be kidding me
what about the oil in #1?

Back