Of all the luck.....Project Reno

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

61 mpg....holy crap...isnt that better than like a hybrid civic?.......and to the question dont civics have a baro sensor in 4th gens.....yes they do but its called an atmospheric pressure sensor...so he should be str8 with that.......damn.....61mpg.......screw my si i think its mpfi to dpfi time!!!!!.....lol...yea right....GOOD LUCK FOR WALTER!!!!! HIP HIP HOOORAY :mrgreen:

update:

367 miles on 5.6 gallons = 65.535 miles per gallon and not a drop of oil or coolant is gone.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

so far 1200+ miles into the trip.... :blink: near wolcott Iowa

its basically a hybrid.

EF d15 block, EG b7 head, EF DX intake mani and etc etc.

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">I seriously think clayton, while drinking corona's revolutionalized the automobile industry without knowing. I know he did something to that motor! I mean come-on...LMAO. Honda should buy that car for like 5 million dollars and do a study on it!

<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">NASA will most likely pick clayton up within the next couple of days!</span></span></span>

Iowa ? Oh man.. he went the wrong way.

He took the north route. Now he has to go through the continental divide with a uhaul and a Civic. Good luck there. Take rt 25 from Denver to Colo Springs and then cross.

Quoted post[/post]]
<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">I seriously think clayton, while drinking corona's revolutionalized the automobile industry without knowing. I know he did something to that motor! I mean come-on...LMAO. Honda should buy that car for like 5 million dollars and do a study on it!

<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">NASA will most likely pick clayton up within the next couple of days!</span></span></span>

lol.....yea im goin wit dat answer....that car probably had a good bottle of beer in each cylinder and thats whats burnin up and mixing wit da gas is making sum kind of revolutionary combustion....lol.....good ol honda builds with clayton i guess :laugh:

adc.jpg

:ph34r:

nope...that is my CRX motor when I was playing around with it last May or so....

i was going to put that motor together when you were in japan but i couldnt figure out where all the parts were :p

update....

he is now about 45 miles away from Salt Lake City...as of now...and he'll be trying to get to the Nevada border and then call it a night. Since the last time I was able to talk to him on his cell phone...the civic died. :cry:

The death.....

Altitude....I hope.

it died while going up the Rockies....just as I thought it would....since the extrodinary gas milage led me to believe it would run lean.....and the higher it got...the better the gas milage. I asked him to replace the fuel filter...and he did. After that...he was getting 74 MPG :ph34r: ....and then it was a matter of time before the altitude and the engine faught over any air they could. He said that he noticed a little power loss climbing a hill, he was behind a truck, and the next thing he notice was the car died...he gave it some gas...and it started to run again...but sounds of something in the exhaust rattle back...and he looked int eh rear veiw mirror...and saw chunks of something spitting out and on fire....so his mint cat is prolly toast...and then the car wouldn't start. So they loaded it on the trailer and he's now driving his buddies SUV. IF the altitude is the culprit..then there might only be a few parts to change. Prolly a new cat, Map sensor, Baro sensor if there is one...or the fuel pump. But I'm hoping that when he gets below 8,000ft.....where the car died...it will start up and run again.

He said that when the mountain range started...he noticed that the rad was still full, and the overfill tank was filling up...then he emptied it, and it still started to fill up....but he was able to dump it back into the rad...and the rad would be full again.....so about a half a pint or so was burned off......but also remember...he's running nearly super lean...so the heat is prolly building up...but his temp guage never registered normal...always near cold.

I'm still shocked that he has made it to nearly Salt LAke City from CT...and has only payed for gas the full total of $74.....and that using 93 octane.....hrm....I should tell him to put some 87 octane in it...lower the octane...the cooler it burns.

$74 for gas...and a max of 74 MPG..... :ph34r:

64 mpg on the old fuel filter...then a new filter installed and the mpg shot up to 74 mpg....

I'm starting to think the car is possessed.... :ph34r:

at 1:47 AM...he's in Salt Lake City...and shooting for the Nevada border....once over the border...they'll pass out in the next hotel. They had a problem with a tire on the car carrier...and another problem with the truck the day before....they almost wasted a full day of travel...

any one in the nevada area?

2266.8 miles to Salt Lake city from my house....and on $74 for high octane gas.....damn....but minus about a hundred miles for the breakdown....average gallon about $2.20

Damn...an average of 68mpg on the whole trip...rough estimate right now...but when Walter gets to the new pad, and the internet set up...I'm sure he'll post all the details....

Back