Off to Boot Camp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Well, its already here. I am leaving in exactly a week for boot camp for the Marines. I just took my final fitness test right now and did good. not as good as i wanted, but good enough. They had the DI's out there today, and one of the guys in our group started to laugh so they ate his ass up. I didn't get to see it cause i couldn't turn around but they were loud as hell. Whatever, i really am not that nervous, since i am going in with a good attitude and want to learn. I won't be trying to be tough in there like some others.

yeah so i will be gone all summer, my graduation date should be September 10. It sucks I'll be in there for my B-day. Just gonna kick back here in San Diego for this week, work out a little. Oh anbd about the GF thing i posted up a while back, i logged the IM convos, and yeah, bitch is talking to someone. Supposedly gonna go out with him on monday night. so I'll probably follow, then embarrass them wherever they are at. I hate this relationship drama, it fuckin sucks.

Word of advice, dont refer to them as DI's thats a derogatory statement. They'll get really mad. Drill Instructor Staff Sgt Gomez, SIR. not DI SSGT Gomez. If you dont know the Drill Instructors name, say, "This Recruit was told by the Drill Instructor..."

Remember to refer to yourself in the Third Person...
Dont touch your face, move while you are in formation
back talk
laugh, smile anything.

If you want to get IT'd to shits, then smile and laugh all you want. They will fuck you up.

"This recuit"

ON your first day, T1, which is a Monday, whne you get to your Squadbay, take charge, yell at the other recruits, lets go, run up the stairs, you'll be made either squad leader or Guide, who gets to hold the guidon... I didnt get the guide postiion, I however got the Squad leader position. Just show that you are fully capable of guiding your platoon adn you will reap the benefits, phone calls home, etc...

here's how boot camp goes
You should spend a week in Processing Platoon - her eyou get all your shit, cammies, boots, tooth brush, AIM toothpaste etc... (the easiest part of Boot Camp, except - Sunday's where you get 4 hrs square away time, but in those 4 hours you can go to church too. BTW Sundays are not T-days or training days, these are refered to as H-days or Holy Days, theres 13 of them.)
T-1 begins on a monday following Black Friday, this is hell
T-17- Initial Drill, do your absolute best...
T-23 you go up north to Camp Pendleton - get to shoot do rifle... M16A2!!!
T-5x? Getto walk around a damn building for 4 hours, lol
T-70 you graduate

Also for the first 2 weeks you will shower by the numbers. After this you will be alotted 1 hour square away time through the week, until sunday at least.

There's a lot of other shit between P1 and T70. Do your best man... really... I wish you all the luck, I didnt have.

Left, Left, Left, Right, Left, my boots are heavy, my pants are tight, my balls are swinging from Left to Right, Left, Left, Left...

Left Right Lay-O.... this one is used during PT...

It's a blast man...

don't know anything about camp- but about the girl- just let the hooker go dude. its not worth your time, money or effort. most aren't in fact.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 5 2004, 04:04 PM
don't know anything about camp- but about the girl- just let the hooker go dude. its not worth your time, money or effort. most aren't in fact.

thats right B.

Fuck em, fuck em all...

Dont chase em, replace em!

You dont need that shit on your mind when you ship out man.

Again best of luck man.

Originally posted by SpodaB1+Jun 5 2004, 05:54 PM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 5 2004, 04:29 PM
SpodaB1
@Jun 5 2004, 05:07 PM

thats my line, dick :lol:

you're my idol...

Im having you a shirt made that's gonna say "SpodaB1's Idol"

why don't you make one that says

"pissedoffsol is my idol"

i bet i could sell 2312 of them

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jun 5 2004, 04:56 PM-->
Originally posted by SpodaB1@Jun 5 2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 5 2004, 04:29 PM
SpodaB1
@Jun 5 2004, 05:07 PM

thats my line, dick :lol:

you're my idol...

Im having you a shirt made that's gonna say "SpodaB1's Idol"

why don't you make one that says

"pissedoffsol is my idol"

i bet i could sell 2312 of them

Hmmm, a plan...

"pissedoffsol's my idol" on a black shirt with glitter

spoda, there will be plenty of horny women at AIT so you can get your fuck on. trust me. just be sure to get your phase 5/5+ badge. :lol:

Good luck man...Ive been there and done that.. I get out in 70 days. Enjoy boot camp and learn everything you can it will pay off. Your going to hate life why your there but once you leave your going to miss it. If you have any last minute questions send me a pm ill answer them the best I can.

Turbomirage-AIT if for the airforce. Plust San Diego has no female platoons only parris island. He will go to MCT at camp pendelton

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jun 6 2004, 09:21 AM
spoda, there will be plenty of horny women at AIT so you can get your fuck on. trust me. just be sure to get your phase 5/5+ badge. :lol:

what is 5/5+?

Oh and Spoda, thanks for the rundown on it. I have heard how its gonna be but a few things you said i didn't know. Still sounds all good, cant fuckin wait. What didi you mean by Black Friday? All i have to do is go to the hotel right here by my house on sunday, then on Monday we go to MEPS, which is even closer to my house. Remember i live right here in San Diego.

Oh yeah, squad leaders and guides get phone calls?

Originally posted by senate_9427+Jun 6 2004, 05:20 PM-->
TurboMirage
@Jun 6 2004, 09:21 AM
spoda, there will be plenty of horny women at AIT so you can get your fuck on. trust me.  just be sure to get your phase 5/5+ badge.  :lol:

what is 5/5+?

That doesnt apply to marines. As you will learn you are becoming the best of the best. You will train hard and become strong. Just dont let the mind games get to you. Put forth your best effort. They will try to brake you just remember its all games to make you more tough mentally. Good luck again man enjoy it.

As for the the phone call thing. If you get one be happy if you dont its no big deal. The only one I got was on thanksgiving and it lasted about a minute. Just do alot of writing. Those letters each day help you make it through.

Black Friday - Teh day you "drop" into your platoon, say you drop into Charley, or Company C...

Black friday was hell for me, I wasnt ready for it, you kinda get used to everything in Receiving (I referred to it as Processing, sorry...), in recieving its like youre still a civilian. Also on Black Friday you should get a speech from your Recieving Drill Instructor about how he's releasing you to a group of demons, etc... At least Alpha Co.'s Recieving Drill Instructor did.

Here's My address, please write me so I can tell the boys on hondaswap how boot camp is going.

Brian Sanford
107 nw 22nd st.
Blue Springs, Mo 64015

Tell your parents NOT to send care packages... you get like 10 minutes during mail call to consume everything, what you dont consume, gets thrown away.

Yea, you are in for I think its 89 days. Its 94 from the day you get there.

To make it go easier:
- make sure you have someone writing you everyday.
- dont make a calender
- sing or show you are having a good time < the worst thing to do.

Good luck, you can write me anytime man. You got my address... Also you wont know your mailing address until you drop into your platoon. but as soon as your find out... write someone so it will only be a week until you get a letter... it took me three weeks, that was devastating. Your chances to mail are everyday before chow sometime around 0530, 1230 and 1800.

I sure hope you succeed, as I didnt. But I can go back in a little over a year... but im thinking I'm not.

Good luck, write me man...

Russel Chiacchia
2301 Indian Dr. APt 71
Jacksonville NC 28546

Write to me to. Ill give you any advice you need. Just dont let the di's know that Im a Marine. They will thrash you for hours. Good luck again man. Write as often as you want I will reply quickly.

usa.gif

iraq.gif

dean.gif

bush.gif

i felt all those emotions... godspeed dode!...

also have someone show you the basic drill/parade shit it will make you stick out(in a good way) in the beginning which is never a bad thing with those guys...

learn how to do the left/right face techniques to the t(youd be suprised how complicated they make it) as the others are pretty easy... maybe have a military guy observe your attention stance beforehand as well...

Originally posted by mikesphat@Jun 6 2004, 11:18 PM
usa.gif

iraq.gif

dean.gif

bush.gif

i felt all those emotions... godspeed dode!...

also have someone show you the basic drill/parade shit it will make you stick out(in a good way) in the beginning which is never a bad thing with those guys...

learn how to do the left/right face techniques to the t(youd be suprised how complicated they make it) as the others are pretty easy... maybe have a military guy observe your attention stance beforehand as well...

please dont refer to them as DI's or refer to drill as "basic drill/parade shit"... its not shit... I loved it. T-17 Is Initial drill, do ya damn thing!

Good luck and write to me.

cool, ill do my best to write, since i got like 20 people who want me to. Il probably just write short notes to everyone, then figure out who's really gonna wreite me back. But yeah ill keep you guys updated.

hey Spoda, why didn't you make it?

Originally posted by senate_9427@Jun 7 2004, 02:36 PM
cool, ill do my best to write, since i got like 20 people who want me to. Il probably just write short notes to everyone, then figure out who's really gonna wreite me back. But yeah ill keep you guys updated.

hey Spoda, why didn't you make it?

I went to MRP-3, medical rehabilition platoon, spent 3 weeks in there from triple pnuemonia, and double pink eye. The Marines decided I wasnt worth waiting on to get better. So I was ELS'd or entry level seperated and got dropped to RSP Recruit Seperation Platoon and went home 8 days after that. My platoon graduated 4 days before I went home.

It sucks that I didnt finish, but shit happens. Like I said I can go back, but doubt I will. If I do choose the Military life is waht I want, Ill go to the Air Force and do the same exact job I was suppose to do in the Marines... Aircraft Electronics something like 6400...

BTW what is your MOS? I was as mentioned 6400. Just curious. Please dont say 0300, basic infantry.

Back