Oh crap, I'm screwed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Frosty windows ticket? 3 grand for no insurance? What the fuck kinda police state is Canada running these days? I knew Canada sucked, but damn.

So I went to court friday morning. The first "case" took about an hour (guy didn't speak english, everything had to be translated and he was fighting a crossing the double solid line ticket for the whopping sum of $172) At the break I got a chance to talk to the crown prosecutor. I just said "I dont know if you care, but this is a picture of what I was driving at the time".(Had that photo I posted). He kind of laughed and gave me the "thats no excuse..." thing, I told him I know, I've read up on it, blah blah blah long story short he reduced the charge to "failure to produce proof of insurance" for a grand total of $750 :( Better than $2850
No offence but I find it funny that you try to mock Canada for having harsh laws... Aren't US cops seriously harsh mo fos?

you have to try really fucking hard to get a $750 ticket here... and $2850 is all but unheard of

That's crazy... well yeah, it's the old splintery broomstick of the law as I call it.
USA all the way, i guess...

Back