OLD school looking CRX's and Civic's POST EM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious.. that is a sweet crx.. i love it.. so clean and so simple.. awesome, thats a piece of art right there...

this isnt mine, but it looks identical to my old CRX si
1489847926_l.jpg

^ super clean

ryangt
Any idea what those remembers weigh?

thats a damn clean red crx, usually the red ones look all faded and busted, thats superclean.

jbeck.
no i never weighed them with my scale, they are pretty light to me, im just basing that off how heavy they were to lift..

I painted my car too..

Lemme tell ya, $1300 for a complete job is CHEAP. I wouldn't do that for that little. No one seems to have the foggiest clue or care what it takes to paint a car. Maaco does it cheap because Maaco does it fast and wrong.

People come to pick up their fuckin 1998 Tauruses from the shop I work at, and they look over the car like they are fuckin archeaologists. They walk along the paint like they are judging priceless artwork. These fuckers have never even LOOKED at that body panel, but they want to look at it now because they don't want to pay full price. They finally say "Hey, that's pretty damned perfect" and they take off in the car, only to return a week later with the same fuckin damage. Because Autobody is the red headed step child of repair and art. To 99.999999% of people it's nothing more than some paperwork at the insurance company. New panel, new door, pre-mixed paint and away they go. It's nothing like that.

I look at paint jobs like Civicious's and truly appreciate what it took to do that. Shit, I look at all paint jobs differently now.

I painted my car too..

Lemme tell ya, $1300 for a complete job is CHEAP. I wouldn't do that for that little. No one seems to have the foggiest clue or care what it takes to paint a car. Maaco does it cheap because Maaco does it fast and wrong.

People come to pick up their fuckin 1998 Tauruses from the shop I work at, and they look over the car like they are fuckin archeaologists. They walk along the paint like they are judging priceless artwork. These fuckers have never even LOOKED at that body panel, but they want to look at it now because they don't want to pay full price. They finally say "Hey, that's pretty damned perfect" and they take off in the car, only to return a week later with the same fuckin damage. Because Autobody is the red headed step child of repair and art. To 99.999999% of people it's nothing more than some paperwork at the insurance company. New panel, new door, pre-mixed paint and away they go. It's nothing like that.

I look at paint jobs like Civicious's and truly appreciate what it took to do that. Shit, I look at all paint jobs differently now.

nice rant, I do appreciate the paint job as well and have a background in body work. I would do it myself but lack the facilities to accomplish the goal. Im also just planning on selling my rex so any paint job other than the fading teal and cracking clear coat would be better. Maaco is not my idea of a good shop but they will paint the whole car, cheap and fast and thats all i want.

lol i painted the hood, bumper, and two front fenders on my car, it looks decent. I spent 2 weeks wetsanding and buffing to get it just right. Paint really is a pain in the ass, if you do it right.

lol i painted the hood, bumper, and two front fenders on my car, it looks decent. I spent 2 weeks wetsanding and buffing to get it just right. Paint really is a pain in the ass, if you do it right.

Agreed, i just wish i had a place to paint mine, hmmm maybe enroll in some college autobody shop classes just for the free space .. now theres an idea.

Yeah that certainly would be better than paying for it. My high school has a paint booth, and we are allowed to use it sometimes. I did my paint in our shop, it was difficult though because ventilation wasnt setup yet, so I had to paint with the big door open, and that caused some of the fisheyes in the paint ^.^ which just made for more wetsanding and buffing.

Holy CRAP ! Brand new ! ULTIMATE CRX FOR THE WIN!

Those will go up to $2000 without a doubt. and be worth every penny. Those wheels are the mostly godly piece of circular artistry in the world.

definatly the way to go, and yeah 2000 is totally ballpark on those, i cant beleive theyve never been mounted or anything, thats amazing

..no way they'll do $2k

they're 13's

there was a white NOS set of 14's with the covers and everything and they only did $950

..don't get me wrong, they're worth more....but people won't pay it

Start with the wheels, get some old school wheels, 14s or 15s...

20 year old 2-tone factory paint, period correct Enkei 92s, dual sidedraft carbs. Old School.

aad.jpg

Last edited:
Back