Opinions on TVs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
I think I'm going to save up and buy a nice 27-32" tv so I can stop staring at this single speaker 19" Sanyo I've had since 98. (I'll keep it and use it for my PS2 and whatnot)

I was just wondering what brands/models you guys all have and recommend? I've had this sanyo for 6 years and never had a problem with it...so I'd consider another one, but how about Sony, Hitachi?

How much should I be looking to spend on a good flat screen tv with very nice resolution?

I was looking at the 27" today at Wal Mart, they have an RCA flat screen for $278, and a Sony Trinitron for $394. Not sure if i wanna buy from Wal Mart though, I'm gonna check Costco, Fry's and maybe Tweeter and Circuit City. Might buy one in the next couple days.

32" Flat screen JVC, two years running, and not a problem, decent price (even though I don't remember what it was)

i've had a few GE tv's over the years, the one i have now is a 99 model 27"

never had any problems with it, and even the 19" that i got for free was a pretty easy fix, GE's aren't too bad to work on IMO

55" toshiba for 2 years no problems good picture quality.

I bought a 32" RCA CRT screen about 6 months ago and it's great and it was cheap.

Heres a link to the info on it. If you are a gamer this TV is one of the best. And if you have an Xbox this tv was made for exculsive Xbox use.

32" RCA

6320527_ra.jpg

6320527_ba.jpg

55" mitsubishi widescreen, hd ready. 3 years, not a single problem. they make tv's better then cars..

Originally posted by revolution8k@May 5 2004, 01:42 AM
How much were they and are they flat or normal screen?

Toshiba Normal, Sony flat

Toshiba $700 at costco, 2 years ago
Sony $1099 at Best buy, six months ago

I like them both.

Our Price - $1,499.99 + $29.99

:blink: :unsure: :wacko:

Damn...and Jamie said I was a big spender...

i really want an lcd, but the crt will have to do for now. 3k is retarded to pay for a tv imo.

i watch alot of movies, so 16:9 is a requirement for my new system.
plus, that one has dvi inputs and all that so its future expandable

i got yall' beat. Toshiba(?) 57 inch widescreen HD TV,PS2, and another 54 incher for your nintendo and 64 needs ;) not to mention the infinity surround sound, 10 inch infinity sub and another set of Klipsch(sp?) 12's Harmon Kardon reciver, dvd player etc.

27" Apex flat screen got it at CC for aboput $209 and it works great too

Originally posted by xyswany@May 5 2004, 04:05 PM
i got yall' beat. Toshiba(?) 57 inch widescreen HD TV,PS2, and another 54 incher for your nintendo and 64 needs ;) not to mention the infinity surround sound, 10 inch infinity sub and another set of Klipsch(sp?) 12's Harmon Kardon reciver, dvd player etc.

:worthy:
sounds glorious

The one in my room wins:

13" Toshiba TV made in 1985. Picture is still sharp, no green in the corners.

:owned:

Do NOT buy the RCA entertainment series (they are silver with speakers on each side) I bought one, and the screen started going crazy...it was expanding and getting smaller, like something was wrong with the tube. So I take it back (pain in the ass when you need to borrow an SUV or truck) and get an exchange for the exact same one. Same problem AGAIN, the picture goes insane, VERY irritating. I could not get it replaced again, Circuit City said if it's the same problem, it needs to be dealt with via RCA. I was too lazy to call them, so now I am stuck with a 32" RCA TV that has a fucked up screen, and is 4 months old.

Back