Out of these 3 TV's, which would you choose?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah I have a 42" panasonic plasma too. Picture is great. But when I replace it I think I'm going to go LCD or led. The power usage of the plasma is what kills me. The plasma will use like 500w whereas an LCD will only pull like 70-100 and an led is better at like 30-40w.

Meh, I have a 42" panasonic plasma downstairs and a 26" LG LCD in my room.

I'll stick with the plasma on the larger screens, and LCD for the bedroom.

I tend to watch tv and play games on the plasma, it IMO has better color and a refresh rate for gaming. LCD seems to be better for watching tv in before you go to sleep. I couldn't stand playing mw2 on the LCD.

Last edited:
Move to san antonio. My electric bill makes me laugh every month. I didnt pay mine for 3 months, have a 1500sq/ft 2 bedroom, and it was 210 dollars at the beginning of the the 4th month in that apartment. I run the AC non-stop, dont turn off lights, and have all CRT monitors (3) and TVs (2).

I fucking love it.

I found this and figured i post it

Dynex, along with Insignia, are house brands for Best Buy. You will Only find them there. The manufacturer is XOCECO, which stands for "Xiamen Overseas Chinese Electronics Company." I know, because I did a lot of research on this unit, and even spoke with a rep from Xoceco, who verified that over 90% of Best Buy's Dynex brand TVs are made by Xoceco. They also make a portion of the Insignia lineup. They manufacture TVs for over 160 brands worldwide, 12 of which are U.S. brands. They manufacture products ranging from entry-level to fairly high-end. They manufacture over 5% of TVs worldwide. Cosidering the number of brands that exist, that's pretty impressive. They assured me, LG does NOT make any of the Dynex brand products. Xoceco has manufactured for SEC, Sanyo, Polaroid, and many others. At one time, they were sole manufacturers for Audiovox. The Dynex brand has, according to Xoceco, been a tier two out of five in regards to quality, competetive with other entry-level models on the market. The Dynex brand is now at about tier 3, marking a deliberate increase in product quality, and being about mid-level in quality. This denotes mainly the new Dynex products released this year

Back