over heating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jjraw85

my car seems to be over heating in only 5th gear going up hills i have a ls/vtec
im currently runnin a Ls dizzy... can this be the cause help apperciated :eek:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
my car seems to be over heating in only 5th gear going up hills i have a ls/vtec
im currently runnin a Ls dizzy... can this be the cause help apperciated :eek:
Low on coolant?
Checked or replace thermostat?
Does your fan work?
Replaced water pump i hope?

:withstupid: Especially the low coolant part. Heavy load and low RPM's are killer if your coolant isn't up to levels. Had the same problem with both my integra (w/ a leaky radiator) and accord (w/ a coolant return line missing). Both situations once I fixed the coolant level I never had a problem.

As a temp fix I'd say hit 4th going into hills.

checked all ...posible that its the head gasket leaking :cry:

Lots of things to look for with a bad headgasket;

1.) Your coolant system can become pressurized forcing all your coolant into the reservoir

2.) A faint to heavy white fog in the exhaust from vaporized coolant

3.) Do a compression check (you can rent the compression tester for a deposit at almost any parts store). If one or more cylinders is lower than the others you most likely have a bad gasket.

4.) Look for coolant in the oil. You can do this by either looking at the dipstick or just doing an oil change. Oil and water dont mix so it should be easy to spot after an oil change.

5.) Sporadic idle and/or sudden to gradual loss of power over time. Depending on if its leaking or blown.

Have you ever overheated the car before? These are just symptoms. You may have one, you may have none, you may have all of them. If you dont have any I probably wouldn't put too much weight on the headgasket being bad.

Back