Owned

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
what not to look for in a compressor wheel

dead_cw.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 15 2003, 05:27 AM

That would be called "Foreign Object Damage" AKA don't EVER run a turbo without a filter! :rant:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 15 2003, 04:27 AM

dead_cw.jpg

there is a stupid ass kid in my town that bought a t3, took it apart and ground all of the fins off of the compressor wheel...he told me it would spool faster...i was like umm no, but try it out, bet it makes great power(as i was walking away and laughing)

p.s. i am going to see if i can get pics of it

Originally posted by civicb18@May 15 2003, 12:42 PM
there is a stupid ass kid in my town that bought a t3, took it apart and ground all of the fins off of the compressor wheel...he told me it would spool faster...i was like umm no, but try it out, bet it makes great power(as i was walking away and laughing)

p.s. i am going to see if i can get pics of it

are you kidding me??? lol! does he not know how the compressor works? hahahah

Here: try these on for size... I think what happened was oil starvation, and the oil bearing supporting the shaft wasn't able to maintain itself. I'll have to ask him again.

dead_turbo_1.jpg

dead_turbo_2.jpg

dead_turbo_3.jpg

dead_turbo_4.jpg

I never knew there were so many retards in this country. If I can find the pics I'll post em, but my friend got a RSX for graduation, was in 5th at 7 grand then droped it right into 2nd for some odd reason. We took apart his block and looked like someone set off a claymore mine in all 4 of his combustion chambers.

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@May 15 2003, 04:45 PM
I never knew there were so many retards in this country.

Nah- my buddy bought a used turbo, and the shaft was already damaged- just not enough to tell. After he installed it, the sucker failed.... had to get it rebuilt.

Back