Paint my wheels, or no?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
rim tape FTW!!! DON'T do white wheels. The amount of brake dust you'll accumulate on them will make you wish you'd left them black. I know. I've had both. And bike brake dust doesn't come off as easily as on car wheels. You'll spend days cleaning them. It's a pain.

That kawi does look sick, but zx12r's are way too heavy to have much fun on.
:werd: on the brake dust. it sucks ass.

and that Kawi is not a zx12, its either a zx10 or a zx6rr

You are right, I stand corrected. It's hard to make out the ram air duct on this crappy monitor, but the petaled rotors shoulda been a dead giveaway.

Edit. - Ripper, I just noticed your sig. It must be bike crashing season on hondaswap. :cry:

the rim tape is easy and not permanent...
you don't even need to disassemble the bike

throw on the tape, and if you don't like it then take it off and think of something new...

if the tape is something special that would be a bitch to get back off i would recommend red electrical tape just to see if you like how it looks on your bike...

how much was that bike anyway?
mileage etc?
that thing looks pretty sweet

and how much was that exhaust?
how does it sound?

Quoted post[/post]]

Edit. - Ripper, I just noticed your sig. It must be bike crashing season on hondaswap. :cry:
:laugh: I wrecked mine last year, some asshole turned into me, I have been looking at different bikes but not sure on what I want

f the new r6 and an rc51 id go 600rr or 100rr or gsxr1000 before either of those...and i dont really understand theyre not even a similar bike???

anywho if it was me will i would worry about painting the bike rather than the wheels....so i vote paint the bike and black centered wheels with polished lip FTW!!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
f the new r6 and an rc51 id go 600rr or 100rr or gsxr1000 before either of those...and i dont really understand theyre not even a similar bike???

anywho if it was me will i would worry about painting the bike rather than the wheels....so i vote paint the bike and black centered wheels with polished lip FTW!!!!

The new r6, because it's suppose to have 120 whp, 17k redline, completely new, lighter, faster in every way. I owned an 05, and am kinda partial to r6's as far as 600's go. They are THE best 600 out there right now, hands down, but everybody is entitled to their opinions.

The RC51, because I love that bike. The way it looks ,sounds, rides, is awesome. My buddy has one, I'm in love with it.

600rr's are nice, but heavy, and cost more than the R6; I'd love to have a literbike for long stretches of highway and doing close to 200, but I've done 160 on the r6, and that is PLENTY fast enough. Plus the R6 rotates like a bicycle, it's so light. GSXr's are nice, but I've heard of the vibrational problems some have encountered with the suzukis. Plus, I don't want to have to deal with the whole kawi/suzuki alliance that is supposedly going on. Yamaha has been on top of the 600 game for the last several years. The new one is HOT.

The new r6, because it's suppose to have 120 whp, 17k redline, completely new, lighter, faster in every way. I owned an 05, and am kinda partial to r6's as far as 600's go. They are THE best 600 out there right now, hands down, but everybody is entitled to their opinions.

you've heard of the 17K false advertising right?

if the 120whp claim is as good as their 17.5k rpm claim than its def false....the 05 r6 weighs in at 4 lbs lighter than the 600rr (357 vs361) which in no way can justify calling the 600rr heavy. Honestly ride for ride unless your a professional racer your never gonna feel the difference in that 4 lbs. im not sure on the 06 wights but thats the difference in the 05's. And my brother has an 04 r6 and i have an 04 600rr and hands down any day my bike feels way better to ride. the steering the hangling the ride quality and the power are all better. Im not comparing 06's i realize but ive ridden other older r6's as wll and some other f4i's and i simply think that honda puts out a far better quality bike. does the new r6 lok hot? hell yeah but i strongly believ theyre overhyped and def not better than the honda. adn as far as costs go u get wwhat u pay for honda cbr 600rr hold a $500 dollar higher book value in 05 than the r6 does, which is right around the price difference you will pay. Also they will hold a much better value thru the yrs as well

plus the new r6 cost more than the 600rr,

R6
$9,499 (50th Anniversary Yellow/Black) Available from January 2006
$9,299 (Raven) Available from January 2006
$9,199 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from January 2006
Dry Weight 357 lbs.

600RR
$8,999
Dry Weight 361 pounds

so the new R6 is 4 pounds lighter. but costs more
and always when the new bikes come out they have a higher Hp rating, but always ends up lower. out here one of the bike shops has a open house and free dyno night, I will go and tell you what the new R6 really has for hp

I am not a fan of the new R6 at all Imo I think its ugly, I have seen it in person and was not impressed at all.

but however I do like the RC51, and the GSXR1000, and the CBR 1000rr
:thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
the rim tape is easy and not permanent...
you don't even need to disassemble the bike

throw on the tape, and if you don't like it then take it off and think of something new...

if the tape is something special that would be a bitch to get back off i would recommend red electrical tape just to see if you like how it looks on your bike...

how much was that bike anyway?
mileage etc?
that thing looks pretty sweet

and how much was that exhaust?
how does it sound?

I paid $4500 for it...it's got 17k on it, it had 12k when I bought it in September or October (I don't remember exactly when I got it)...

The exhaust was only $175, I got it used on Ebay after the Akrapovic that was on it got all scratched up when the bike went down...it didn't come with a bracket so I had to make one...It sounds great, it's a lot deeper and a little quieter than the Akrapovic was, but it sounds fucking MEAN when you downshift from 6th to 3rd and open it all the way up...

I'm thinking now about selling it and getting a Ducati...the janitor at the high school I went to rides, and his brother is hella rich and has something like 7 bikes, and wants to get rid of some of them, and since I've known them forever he said he'd cut me a killer deal (which I won't post on here) on his red 01 Ducati 996....

Because that's exactly what my retarded ass needs, is a 996cc V-twin...

:mrgreen:

Go for it man! I highly suggest it, Ducati's are the V8s of the cycle world. You won't regret it. But your ass might.:)

Plus if you can get a killer deal of it, even better. V-Twin FTW!!

Gotta love the single-sided swingarm too... shit is so sexy. God, I miss my duc already :cry:

i thought ducati's were rather slow-ish, relatively speaking...

like match a liter ducati vs a liter yamaha and the yamaha wins...?

they are not known for their fast reving or top end performance compared to hondas, yamahas, etc. But they have assloads of low end torque, hence why they are considered "V8s of the cycle world"

they also handle very well

yeah from what i hear from owners there are only 2 types of ducati in the world
ones that never have issues and only require normal oil changes and such
and ones that spend 9 months out of every year in the shop being fixed, adjusted, maintained, etc (valve adjustments every 1000 miles type shit)
and before anyone jumps in and mentions the modified thing all of the duc's i know are stock... mostly because the owner either has no money after all the maintenance, or the owner has a good one that runs great and is terrified to change anything

Back