pics of swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22bubbleback

s3f70d8c06dde7.jpg

mount is off 92 teg. doesnt fit on my 1st gen b16 into an EG .. :wtf: even took left bolt out to turn it..still wont fit :angry:

ALSO:....

s3f70d898dbbb7.jpg

bolt missing on the bottom of the solenoid. wut is it for? does even a bolt that goes there? :shrug2:

crowbar wont even work..when i actully got the mount to sit inn the holes dont line up. like the mount is twisted to much..doesnt seem bent thou

For your Vtec Solenoid, what you are missing is the vtec oil pressure sensor. Should be a green plug that goes there.

You've got the right mount and bracket, but it looks like your bracket is twisted forward, possibly from whatever wreck helped it find it's way into the junkyard.

Here is mine, and that is the D series mount on the B series bracket.

s3f71e5944e218.jpg

And about the 94+ teg mount, you are correct about them being straight, you have to change to a 94+ bracket when using them.

Originally posted by noobvang Posted on Sep 24 2003@ 07:10 AM
For your Vtec Solenoid, what you are missing is the vtec oil pressure sensor. Should be a green plug that goes there.

No, the oil pressure is higher and more to the rear, that is the ECT (engine coolant tempurature sensor.

Seen here is the both of them.
s3f71e5b7b4ab2.jpg

i WOULD TRY CHANGING THE BRAKET PART THAT IS STICKING OUT OF THE MOTOR....USE ONE FROM AN INTEGRA......WHEN PUTTING AN LS MOTOR INTO MY ek CIVIC I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND I PUT THE BRACKET FROM AN SI ON THE LS MOTOR AND IT WORKED...I WAS TOLD THAT IF MY CAR WAS AN EG THE LS MOTOR WOULD HAVE WENT IN PERFECTLY, MEANING THE EG CHASSIS'S HAVE MORE IN COMMON WITH INTEGRAS THAN THEY DO WITH EK CIVICS ..MAYBE DOING THE OPPOSITE MY WORK FOR U...GET THE INTEGRA BRACKET

.....I KNOW IT SOUNDS CONFUSING

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Sep 24 2003, 01:46 PM-->
noobvang Posted on Sep 24 2003
@ 07:10 AM

No, the oil pressure is higher and more to the rear, that is the ECT (engine coolant tempurature sensor.

Seen here is the both of them.
s3f71e5b7b4ab2.jpg

:blink:
Not sure what you are saying, but green plug is the same spot as his last pic he posted.

You're right (Noobvang) I must have been on crack when I posted that.

Back