Pictures from today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
https://hondaswap.com/gallery/browse.php?album_id=844

s40afb77133472.jpg

black on black =)

s40afb84acf864.jpg

went for a nice ride today one of the local dealerships had a bike wash today so we stoped by for about 10 mins to check out the scene before leaving to go riding

4 bikes in our group

My bike F4i
another F4i
and two RRs

busa's are fast, but uber ugly... I'm going zx10r. Jeff, is that your f41 on the left? The one in the middle looks like a RR with the sato pipes.

Originally posted by turboB20hatch@May 22 2004, 06:03 PM
sell your f4i and buy an RR

why the hell would I do that?

my bike is the yellow/black one with carbin fiber highmount"on the side" exhaust

s4021767786486.jpg

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 22 2004, 07:16 PM
my friends and i are considering GSXR750's good or bad choice

Chances are bad

as always get a Ninja EX550 or something small like it to learn on

heres a tiny comment on a 600CC sport bike a guy just bought
he had a 1200CC Suzuki bandit before this bike making about 20 more HP then the dinky 600cc... but HP does not mean much in the world of light weight speed

Came home from a long day at various dealerships with my BRAND NEW, 04 cbr600rr. Red/black...3 miles when I bought it, 60 when it got home. Of course I took the long way home (through the boo). Originally wanted black but the traditional Honda red called to me.

A few observations.
-This bike is fast, fooking fast.
-this bike fits me like a glove
-I think to turn and it does.
-having wind protection feels really good at 75; screw naked bikes.
-I kept thinking the tach wasnt working...I can't imagine what it feels like at 15,000 rpm

NOTE THIS PART

-this is a terrible first bike. I cant begin to fathom what goes through peoples mind buying this as their first ever bike. Ridiculous.

-there's considerable heat on my heels and feet in general from the backside of the fairing. Will be nice in winter. Summer, not so much.
-plastic tank makes my tankbag useless.
-got a batch that came with D208's instead of Michelin's...mmm
-there is no underseat storage. I couldnt fit my sale paperwork under the seat-something about an underseat exhaust.
-the bike is sexy, fooking sexy.
-and fast.

thats coming from a guy whos road for a quite some time!

a 750 is a big no no you're just going to kill yourself

Looked at a driven Busa's. Badass bikes, but they're reakin huge! 220 mph top speed, can't complain. Don't know if I'd even want to try it that quick. Ride on guys, sweet bikes by the way

So a GSXR750 is a bad choice on a first bike, what about a GSXR600?

I really only want a GSXR or at least a Suzuki... nothing else.. for me at least.

anything with 600cc is a good idea to learn on anything over that your gonna hurt yourself good luck and after you have riden for awile move up to something bigger

gsxr600 then gsxr1000... Ill keep the 600 for like 2 years... thats only 6 months riding time... cuase Missouri sucks

Originally posted by MikeBergy@May 23 2004, 02:16 AM
Just watch your right hand....especially after it gives you that evil look.... :burnout:

I dont get it.......

If you had a motorcycle, you would know that the right hand is the go fast hand, i.e. the throttle is on that side. If anything bad is going to happen, it's gonna be because your right hand tells you that you are capable of safely riding that bike as fast as it's rev limiter will let you go. THat is your right hand talking, keep an eye on it.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 23 2004, 01:32 AM
gsxr600 then gsxr1000... Ill keep the 600 for like 2 years... thats only 6 months riding time... cuase Missouri sucks

Dude a new GSXR600 will do the 1/4 mile in 10 secs the new GSX-R1000 will do the 1/4 mile in 10 secs..... the difference is the GSX-R will keep going up to a much higher speed

bottom line any Supersport 600CC bike no matter what make is a BAD IDEA

get a sport/cruser or smaller "under 600cc" sport bike to start out on and work your way up

put it this way lets say you just turned 16 have never drove a car on the street maybe some off road or on backroads but never really on the street so you go get your DL and your parents hand you the keys to a dodge viper with 2000HP

the new 1 Liter bikes put out 4 times the power to weight as a Dodge viper

the 600cc bikes will still hang with the 1liter bikes up to about 100-120MPH after the the bigger cc bikes will pull like hell from it

don't get me wrong my dinky 600cc bike has a digi speedo and when Im on the throttle the MPH will jump up in 5mph increments even doing 130mph

first street bike being a newer 600cc sport bike = dead

-this is a terrible first bike. I cant begin to fathom what goes through peoples mind buying this as their first ever bike. Ridiculous.

Remember the Honda is the easest of the super sport bikes to ride......
and once again that quote was from a 1200CC biker rider

P.S also set aside 500-800bucks for gear

Back